Mixing BPV and BOV??

:
2003.5 Mazda Speed Blazing Yellow
i heard that this may get rid of the dreaded turkey.. i dont know dor sure. anyone know how this would work and how to install.. i looked on here but could not find anything... thanks

get hard pipes(turbohoses recomended)then weld a BOV onto that,maintain your stock BPV.then you will have a no turkey,and it won't be this ghetto rigged,half assed,junk.

wicked said:
get hard pipes(turbohoses recomended)then weld a BOV onto that,maintain your stock BPV.then you will have a no turkey,and it won't be this ghetto rigged,half assed,junk.

this setup works,I ran it for about 4 months,most of before these pipes were for sale

wicked said:
this setup works,I ran it for about 4 months,most of before these pipes were for sale

God not another one of these threads... you can run the hardpipes, BOV, and no BPV perfectly fine with no stalling issues or problems what-so-ever. But if you want to keep the BPV more power to ya.

Attachments

• engine bay without ground wires drivers side.jpg
    engine bay without ground wires drivers side.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
I said it before and I'll say it again. It depends on your setup. I'm not denying that you don't have problems but you can't deny that I've been having many issues with one bov. Either I stall or I get compressor surge. I screwed with it for about a month then SPD did. Finally we just put the stock valve back on to work in unison with the aftermarket valve. No more issues.

Tom, I'll show you my setup. No stalling or compressor surge.

celdridge said:
God not another one of these threads... you can run the hardpipes, BOV, and no BPV perfectly fine with no stalling issues or problems what-so-ever. But if you want to keep the BPV more power to ya.

thanks Peter.. let me know when. im off on sundays.. i can drive to SD or meet u at SPD.. just let me know.. and is it easy to do??? i have the turbo xs bov?

sorry i keep losing you on IM. I switched comps hit me up again. Your gonna need hardpipes to do this. No sense in using stock pipes.

in my setup, turbosmart dual port solves about 90% of the turkey 90% of the time. one valve, recirc and blow off. does the same thing as dual valve with one valve. less piping in the motor too.

tiwing said:
in my setup, turbosmart dual port solves about 90% of the turkey 90% of the time. one valve, recirc and blow off. does the same thing as dual valve with one valve. less piping in the motor too.

I thought long and hard about the dual port, but in the end decided on the Greddy. Im glad to hear someone else has good luck with it. If my Greddy wouldnt have worked that's where i would have gone first.

I'm running my hardpipes with just a hks racing bov and turkey is gone thus far...but this is only at stock boost, as soon as I get the dual setups back from the powder coaters I'm going to up the boost to 10psi and run both sets and see which does a better job...there are so many people with different results and opinions i figured the best way to do it, since we have the resources anyways, it to run 2 different setups on the same car and see what happens....

DSMConvert said:
I'm running my hardpipes with just a hks racing bov and turkey is gone thus far...but this is only at stock boost, as soon as I get the dual setups back from the powder coaters I'm going to up the boost to 10psi and run both sets and see which does a better job...there are so many people with different results and opinions i figured the best way to do it, since we have the resources anyways, it to run 2 different setups on the same car and see what happens....

That just goes to show how much variation there really is from one MSP to the other.

well unfortunately its the only way to correctly run a dual setup or an aftermarket bov. There are several companies on here that make hardpipes including myself, turbohoses, byohndspeed, and i believe i heard something about corksport having some ready in a month or so...its not an expensive addition, and it will make your engine bay look a lot cleaner in addition to allowing you to have aftermarket bovs...

well.. DSm how much do u have them for and whats the shipinng cost.. all im really worried about is the warrenty side of all this.

guys as soon as i get my car back im going to try my theory on how to kill a turkey for pocket change... and it will recirculate, call me crazy but its going to work!

Warranty? All you're doing is changing the material that the pipes are made of and improving the valve that came stock. I have had warranty work done with mine, and there has been NO issue. They might look at a FMIC differently or a boost controller...

Back