Misc Little Problems - TMPS & Door Lock Beep

importune

:
2008 Mazda6
Hey Guys,

I don't post here nearly as much as I should, so I feel horrible just coming around asking for help...but I'm kinda stuck. I drive a 2008 Mazda 6.

The other day I had a series of problems that occured to my car. Firstly, the TMPS light went from solid lit (it was always that way, regardless of tire pressure) to flashing and beeping. At the same time, the car was extremely slow to turn over (happened same day). And last but not least, on that same day, the "beep" that happens when you lock the car (with remote FOB) stopped happening. Now I have no way of knowing when my doors are locked.

I guess I'm just wondering if there is an concievable way these could all be caused by the same thing? Also, midas wanted to charge me $280 for the sensor and then extra for labor to put it in- only one sensor is not reporting correctly. Is that reasonable!? I looked online and they range from $30-50.....are they maybe that difficult to put in?

And lastly, does anyone have any idea where to even start looking for information regarding the car lock beep just randomly stopping?

Thanks guys!

Back