Mint Southern Clean 03.5 MSP for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
My car is for sale. 18K miles. 2003.5 Silver, owned since new, Mobil 1 since 9K miles. Stock except K+N and dealer ECU reflash. This car is CLEAN. Never seen snow.

Asking $16,250 obo

Link to the autotrader ad is forthcoming....

Attachments

• DCP02642.JPG
    DCP02642.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 151
BlueRidgeSpeed said:
My car is for sale. 18K miles. 2003.5 Silver, owned since new, Mobil 1 since 9K miles. Stock except K+N and dealer ECU reflash. This car is CLEAN. Never seen snow.

Asking $16,250 obo

Link to the autotrader ad is forthcoming....

-Here's that link

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=199609989&dealer_id=57700210&car_year=2003&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&make=MAZDA&distance=25&model=PROTE&address=28701&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1150406105089&min_price=&end_year=2003&start_year=2003&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=0&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

BlueRidgeSpeed said:

No interest, eh? I guess I have no choice but to reduce the price. How about $15,900.

This is an 2003.5 with only 18,000 miles!!!

This is a clean car that has been pampered as only those with other daily drivers can do. When I say clean, I mean this car is free of the little dings, scrapes, and scratches I see on other MSP's, and since this car has never seen snow or salt there's no corrosion anywhere. All those cad-plated bolts in the engine bay look like they did when it came from the factory. If you want a nice place to start, or a beautiful car to use exactly as-is, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one.

Come on, check it out!

dood i bought mine new for 16,300, for what your asking its cheaper to buy a new cars out now because of the bad interest rate on used cars. Example New Si, or GTi

FlipandFunk said:
dood i bought mine new for 16,300, for what your asking its cheaper to buy a new cars out now because of the bad interest rate on used cars. Example New Si, or GTi

Wow, sound's like a great price you paid for your car. How "new" was your car? Did it come out of indoor storage, have the white "shrink-wrap" protective coating removed, and then be rolled out for me to drive home, starting with 6 miles on the ODO like mine?

Well, anyway, it's just about as clean today as it was then. And despite the better interest rates on an SI or a GTI, you're still going to have, what, 7-8K more in something like that. I think we all know a MSP is a lighter, better handling car than a GTI! (I own a 1.8t VW, and I'm not knocking it, but I've never in my life driven a car from the factory that handles anywhere near as well as an MSP)

A civic SI is another interesting alternative, but again, you're out a whole bunch of $$ more, especially when you have to "negotiate" with a Honda dealer!

But, to the point, for anyone interested in a great, unmolested car with extremely low miles, this is it,

*********and I'm dropping the price to $15,400.

Topher said:
you could buy them new for $15500...as a matter of fact, that's what Blitzd paid for his.

Impressive! - for a $20,500 MSRP car, that's quite a discount. I guess those dealers were motivated when the new Mazda 3's came in!

Anyway, I'm not sure why several members feel compelled to tell me how cheaply they bought their car, except of course, if the implication is that I'm asking too much for mine.

Of course Edmunds.com is just one reference, but since they quoted $17,395 for an 03.5 with these miles, I factored that in. I also talked to several members who have sucessfully sold their MSPs (ones in similar condition and with similar mileage). They mostly sold in the $16k's. I compiled all this info to set my asking price.

Obviously, I would be willing to negotiate with someone interested in buying this car.

So, if you don't mind, I'd rather not turn my for sale thread into a "the cheapest I heard anyone ever pay for a MSP was ...."-thread

If read carefully, it's clear that my response above was to the claim that it would be "cheaper to buy a new car...like an Si or a GTi" - it's just not true.

But anyway, if people want to make suggestions, how about WHAT DO YOU THINK IS A FAIR PRICE FOR THIS CAR?

i might consider 15,4 for it. I bought mine about 6 months ago for 14K, pretty much stock, but not in the kind of condition you make yours seem like. Plus mine had 35K miles.

Good luck with the sale!!

well, average trade for the southeast is 11K...i think a fair price (imo) would be 13-14K. Loan value for march (it's the only book I had here at my desk) is 11,950. 90% of private banks will only do 80% of that, so in order for someone to buy it, they'll either need to have a VERY good relationship with the bank or some serious cash down. not trying to be a bastard or anything, i'm just trying to help and share some knowledge of the car business with you.

Topher said:
well, average trade for the southeast is 11K...i think a fair price (imo) would be 13-14K. Loan value for march (it's the only book I had here at my desk) is 11,950. 90% of private banks will only do 80% of that, so in order for someone to buy it, they'll either need to have a VERY good relationship with the bank or some serious cash down. not trying to be a bastard or anything, i'm just trying to help and share some knowledge of the car business with you.

JMV and TOPHER, thank you for your posts. It's encouraging to hear that JMV thinks I'm in the ballpark, and an excellent point by TOPHER about the loan values, and then extrapolating to a fair private sale price. I've always put large downpayments on cars, but I hadn't thought about the fact that that isn't how everyone else does it.

This definitely helps me determine reasonable expectations on my end. Since it's such a nice car, I'm just not wanting to sell myself short!

Anyway, I guess the old rules apply: Patience and Persistence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back