Mine is BIGGER than yours...

SeminoleMan

:
'03.5 Sunlight Silver P5
Just in case you haven't heard...here is a soon to be released "Super SUV."
As if we needed another behemoth on the road like this one. Anyone wanna put a wager on which rap-star or athlete gets one first?

CXT-2.gif

CXT-1-full.gif

See more details at the link below.

http://www.navistar.com/site_layout/severe/cxt.asp

Last edited:
for all those people who wish they could be truck-drivers but don't have the intelligence to pass a CDL test

I don't think rap stars would go for that....I don't think you could bling the rims out. The thing's too damn heavy for pretty rims.

I'm beyond words. It's amazing what people will buy. It's got everything a soccer mom wants...leather, woodgrain, and that "visibility" SUV owners rave about. I hope it doesn't catch on.

xtrememps said:
I don't think rap stars would go for that....I don't think you could bling the rims out. The thing's too damn heavy for pretty rims.
I see a developing niche market for 30+ inch rims...hmmm. Ok, everyone buy one!

Last edited:
SeminoleMan said:
I'm beyond words. It's amazing what people will buy. It's got everything a soccer mom wants...leather, woodgrain, and that "visibility" SUV owners rave about. I hope it doesn't catch on.
sure, it's got visibility to see what's 1/4 mile away, but not to see the 3 cars you just hit trying to get into a parking spot

if you are good at using mirrors you should be ok, unfortunately i bet 90 percent of people that buy this truck will not know wtf they are doing...insurance rates on that truck will be high =)

Sent them an email:

'After reading about your new International7300 CXT 'super pickup' I am appalled that you are advertising this vehicle for personal use. After reading your webpage, I am even further appalled that a CDL is not required to drive this vehicle.

To put it bluntly, a vehicle like this has absolutely NO reason to be used for personal use. People who drive oversized SUV's to work every day can barely handle the size of the vehicles they drive. And you are pushing something BIGGER on them? I hope you realize how many lives you are putting in danger by promoting this vehicle as a pickup for personal ownership and use.

While I understand the necessity for commercial vehicles, they are designed for commercial use, NOT personal use. I seriously hope you reconsider the target purchasers for this vehicle. If it is built on a platform that requires a CDL to operate, there should be absolutely NO question that a CDL is a requirement.

Lives will be lost because of this marketing decision. Several tons of metal, glass, and plastic operated by an unexperienced and untrained driver is a very deadly weapon.'

unfrickinbelievable, as if the damn hummer wasn't enough, mom now needs to haul the kids to daycare in this monstrosity so she can see over all the other SUV's in the way.

jersey_emt said:
Sent them an email:

'After reading about your new International7300 CXT 'super pickup' I am appalled that you are advertising this vehicle for personal use. After reading your webpage, I am even further appalled that a CDL is not required to drive this vehicle.

To put it bluntly, a vehicle like this has absolutely NO reason to be used for personal use. People who drive oversized SUV's to work every day can barely handle the size of the vehicles they drive. And you are pushing something BIGGER on them? I hope you realize how many lives you are putting in danger by promoting this vehicle as a pickup for personal ownership and use.

While I understand the necessity for commercial vehicles, they are designed for commercial use, NOT personal use. I seriously hope you reconsider the target purchasers for this vehicle. If it is built on a platform that requires a CDL to operate, there should be absolutely NO question that a CDL is a requirement.

Lives will be lost because of this marketing decision. Several tons of metal, glass, and plastic operated by an unexperienced and untrained driver is a very deadly weapon.'
Gold!

my powers of prediction tell me that more than a few msps will fall prey to this monster... actually new headline, more than a few excusions and expeditions will fall prey to this monster as well...

Take a drive out to Lake Havasu on any given weekend during the summer and you'll see more than a few of these things towing around hundred thousand dollar boats. Its a great site.....but whats better is the girls on these boats.

why should you need a cdl license to drive that? You can drive a U-haul box truck or a 40' long motorhome w/o a cdl...this is MUCH smaller.

not to mention they plan to sell only 50 a year. You'll prolly never see one ;)

"Buyers will also have to have a fair amount of money to fill it up -- it's projected to get between 6 and 10 miles per gallon of diesel fuel."

Just wait until the SUV version comes out. Every soccer mom on the block will running over us poor Protege and Mazda3 drivers. I'm sure you could roll up on a Miata and have it completely dissappear from sight.

protegeV said:
why should you need a cdl license to drive that? You can drive a U-haul box truck or a 40' long motorhome w/o a cdl...this is MUCH smaller.

not to mention they plan to sell only 50 a year. You'll prolly never see one ;)
It depends on the state...I know for Florida, you actually have to have a CDL to drive the F-250/350 duallies. It's rarely enforced, but you can get a ticket for it. Those trucks are much smaller than the Navistar.

As far as only selling 50...that's just a "feeler run" IMHO. If it takes off, you can rest assured that production ramps up. Like the CNN article said...it hasn't been marketed to the public yet and they've already sold a few. Wait till the public gawks at it.

Back