Military personnel and government employees, what do you think about the pay issue?

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
well, let's hear it. Im currently on my second deployment to Iraq right now and I have a wonderful wife and 6 month old son waiting for me back at home right now. Im over here getting minimal sleep and dodging rockets and mortars every night so my loved ones can live comfortably at home. What are we supposed to do about bills and taking care of our families while our government only gives us half of a paycheck while congress still gets paid? People are over here paying the ultimate sacrifice and they can't even get along long enough to make a decision. This situation is really making me mad and I may not be looking at the big picture but Im over here risking my life and can't even get a full paycheck. Two fellow soldiers from a sister unit of mine were just killed in a mortar attack over here while they were getting their crew rest for the next day. If anything, the military should not even be considered for cutting pay. What about all of these multi million dollar sports and music contracts, are they getting cut? NOPE!!! But we are!! It's a damn shame that we have to deal with this, all military and government employees. They say all non essential government employees won't be getting paid or working. You want to know the saddest part of all? MILITARY PERSONNEL ARE CONSIDERED "NON ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES"!!!!! FBI? Department of Homeland Security? Our government is taking money away from everyone that protects our national security. The last thing you want to do is take money away from people who carry really big guns!!!

It's a sad day for all military personnel all over the world. I can honestly say that if I wasn't in the position I am financially, I would be a hell of a lot more concerned than I am now. Luckily, I've paid off 80% of my debt and have a good amount of money in savings. This doesn't mean I'm not concerned at all, but I know the government will find a resolution eventually. After 15 years of service and the position I hold, I am VERY concerned for the soldiers in my charge. They aren't as financially stable as I am and this "set back" will definitely cause issues within my unit. I really hope this situation is resolved soon and I'll pray for all the military personnel and their families involved.

They found a resolution but I would have been in trouble. The money I get from my service pays my car insurance and my car payment every month. It would have been really really bad, but I am willing to bet if I had called my bank (USAA) they handle both my loan and insurance. I bet they would have done something to put it on hold and help out until we were able to get our checks. If the case had been otherwise it would be a sad day in our countries history when millionares are fighting so hard about something that those of us who fought and were hurt protecting our country were left without a way to feed ourselves and pay our bills.

Just remember this as another way we are put on the back burner as second class citizens to those who make good money.

Back