Midwest MazdaFest 2012?

JKPgt96

10k RPM Probe
:
'95 Probe GT
Is this happening? I am just curious...I have not found anything or heard anything about it..

I've heard nothing as well. Would be cool if it did happen.

Since the rx8club disbanded I doubt there will ever be another mwmf....unless someone else picks up where they left off and does one...I was kind of hoping for BAMM 2012 but I dont know if thats happening especially since I havent seen a date and its already almost May....even Focusfest was pretty sweet and had a few Mazdas show up but I dont know if they are doing that in the midwest this year either

would be nice to have something big for the midwest again that is more chill and not centered around a race weekend...just my 2 cents

BAMM is May 19th...fwiw. I will be heading up for it again this year along with a group of us from STL, like we do every year. I will put up details once I find them..I do know the date though.

BAMM2K12 (Summary Thread)!!!

Friday, May 18th
Saturday, May 19th
Sunday, May 20th

Big Ass May Meet!!!
12th Annual Car Show/Cookout/Mod Meet. This is the 12th annual Car Show/Cookout/Mod Meet that brought the midwest together on a single day. This year we are trying some new things!

ITINERARY

Friday
9:00pm'ish Meet up in Noblesville, IN at indymx6's house to rest up from the ride in, maybe do some bowling and other fun late night activities!
Do general detailing of cars later if you want.

Saturday
12:00pm - Meet up at Forest Park Shelter 1 for some mini golf and general shenanigans!
1:00pm - Start the Grill
2:00pm - Car show
3:30pm - Awards Ceremony
7:30pm - Evening Cruise to the south side.
8:00pm - Arrive in Greenwood for some rice-eating
---Mosey on back to sleep at some point.

Sunday
TBD

Friday-- Everyone who comes early will be doing some relaxing and catching up with everyone you haven't seen in awhile or have never met. We might even get to the bowling alley this year!

Saturday-- Feel free to detail your car, do some simple mods, play Frisbee, football, basketball, catch up with old friends, or whatever. It's pretty casual. Late afternoon we fire up the charcoals and have some flaming burger toss-o-fun. Car show will be held and it will give everyone time to really check out other peoples rides. After that, we'll cruise Indy and hit Greenwood. For outsiders, Greenwood is Rice-Central. Street racing mecca. Cops are surprisingly tolerable, so long as you're not stupid. If you want plenty of stoplight action with other imports and hot rods, this is THE place in Indy on a Saturday night. Also if you get hungry Saturday night there are a ton of places in greenwood to grab a quick bite.

Sunday--TBD Still working on final plans for sunday.

BAMM2K12 AWARDS!
During the Car Show, you will be voting for the following. These awards are framed and mounted for the winner. So read through these and see what may apply to you and your ride and make it happen! Look forward to seeing everyone ready for the Car Show & Awards!

Best 1st Gen MX6
Best 1st Gen Probe
Best of Show
Best Exterior
Best Interior
Best Non Probe/MX6
Sickest Motor

Lodging
Me (indymx6) and Megen (MX3Chick) will be offering up our house to whomever would like to stay for free. I can't guarantee anything but floorspace. If anyone else can offer up floorspace or a couch it will be appreciated.

My House HERE IS A MAP WITH ADDY

Hotels
Super 8
17070 Dragonfly Lane
Noblesville, IN 46060 US
Phone: 1-317-776-7088
MAP

Quality Inn & Suites
16025 Prosperity Drive
Noblesville, IN, US, 46060
Phone: 1-317-770-6772
MAP

Farfield Inn and Suites
17960 Foundation Drive
Noblesville, Indiana 46060 USA
Phone: 1-317-776-9900
MAP

Other Maps:
Stardust Bowling Alley
845 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46062
Phone: 1-317-773-3381
MAP

Forest Park
701 Cicero Road
Noblesville, IN 46060
MAP

Here is a map To get from the park to Greenwood where we usually meet up at the Value city parking lot.
MAP

Tips for getting to the park:
Once you have turned on to State Road 19 you will go under the railroad bridge and make your first left directly into the park.

Pricing
I have had several people ask me how much they will need for the weekend. These figures are an approximation as some people will spend more than others.

Bowling on Friday if we go will be about $10. Lunch on Saturday will be 7$ per person and that will cover awards and everything PLEASE BRING CASH for this as I will be making a trip to the store to pick up grilling supplies. Drinks for the day are the responsibility of the attendee. Stop at a gas station or pack yourself a cooler. I'm sure if you don't have a cooler there will be plenty of space in one of ours.

I know there have been questions in the past as to why lunch on Saturday costs so much. This money not only covers food but also the rental of the shelter and the awards. We usually end up covering the remaining balance ourselves. No one is making any money from the meet I assure you.

Last edited:
Back