Midieval Motorsports Motor Mount Fitment Issue

jbilliel

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
So I needed a new passenger side motor mount and this morning I replaced it with a MM mount. Everything looks good except the stock mount that was bolted to the engine was very think (made out of cast) and ther MM mount is only 1/4 steel. So It appears as though the motor side of the mount should really be shimmed up in order for it to be flush.

Have others experienced this?

I did with the SLS. That & the bracket cracking recall & all. Ended up going oem with awr inserts. Have not heard of any issues with the MM one.

So I needed a new passenger side motor mount and this morning I replaced it with a MM mount. Everything looks good except the stock mount that was bolted to the engine was very think (made out of cast) and ther MM mount is only 1/4 steel. So It appears as though the motor side of the mount should really be shimmed up in order for it to be flush.

Have others experienced this?

Hey jbilliel, look at how i did the side MM install for the medieval side MM...Its got pics and a trick on how I lined everything up......its in the vendor review section.... better yet...

here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720669&highlight=Medieval+Side+Motor+Mount

I had the same problem with the Medieval Side mount. The stock piece is much thicker than the MM " L " bracket and the studs aren't threaded all the way down so there has to be some spacer or washer used. Aside from that the whole assembly looked to be at a slight angle to me.
I left the stock mount in and spent the rest of the day, seriously, replacing the rear mount. Front mount was a piece of cake.
REALLY disappointed with the vibration, a LOT more than I expected. Is there some kind of alignment or installation procedure that I missed ?

I think the vibration is just a result of having a stiffer mount.. that vibration is your engine, and there's nothing to absorb the vibration so it goes right into the frame of the car.

I think the vibration is just a result of having a stiffer mount.. that vibration is your engine, and there's nothing to absorb the vibration so it goes right into the frame of the car.

Oh it's my engine? Yeah, I noticed if I shut if off the vibration went away.
Seriously though, I've used Poly engine/trans mounts in my cars for twenty years, A4, M3, RX7, 280Z, none of them vibrated this bad. Must be a FS engine trait. Watch for slightly used MM mounts for sale soon !

see what happens once it breaks in....and what kind mounts you got....i'm curious

You'd be surprised at some people on here.. Some people don't know that with a stiffer mount, there's going to be more vibration because there's not much to absorb it. And yes, some people don't know that it's their engine. Glad to know you do, and I was being serious as well, you asked, and received an answer to attempt to help you out. (hand)
It may just be how the mounts are made (the reason for the amount of vibration), and yeah, if the vibration is bad it is probably just from how much the engine moves even without the aftermarket mounts.. surely explains the reason behind the stock ones tearing often.

Oh it's my engine? Yeah, I noticed if I shut if off the vibration went away.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with the Medieval Side mount. The stock piece is much thicker than the MM " L " bracket and the studs aren't threaded all the way down so there has to be some spacer or washer used. Aside from that the whole assembly looked to be at a slight angle to me.
I left the stock mount in and spent the rest of the day, seriously, replacing the rear mount. Front mount was a piece of cake.
REALLY disappointed with the vibration, a LOT more than I expected. Is there some kind of alignment or installation procedure that I missed ?

Did you evr get the problem with the Pass side mount figured out?

If you still need help PM me.

Back