Miata spyshot.

kNOWfREED0m said:
looks like the RX8 from the front no?
It IS an RX8 front...you can see from the grille, headlights, bumper lenses, & the protruding fender from the rear shot. It still has the Miata wheels, which also still line up with the location of the original Miata fenders.

Unless there is something different under the hood, that is just a plain Miata with an RX8 front end.

Last edited:
Black Majik MSP said:
Unless there is something different under the hood, that is just a plain Miata with an RX8 front end.

and the wheelgap from hell...

Antoine's along the right path.

These pics are of a next-gen Miata chassis test mule taken at the old Nurburgring track in Germany (there's a new Nurburgring next door where the F1 cars currently race, but this is the original track). Many manufacturers (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, even Cadillac), use this track to test suspension tuning - this is what Mazda was testing with this test mule.

As such, the bodypanels have nothing to do with what the final product will look like (basically they just put some sort of shell there to do their chassis testing with).

The next-gen Miata will debut at one of the '05 autoshows - don't know which one yet, but from what I know, here are the candidates (in order of likelihood): Geneva, Chicago, Detroit

I would pay out the ass for a renesis powered miata. I think $30K would be reasonable for a miata that could run low 13's in the quarter and stomp a porsche on an auto-x race.

That top picture is in the August(i got it saturday, wtf?) Car & Driver. Basically it said: possible hardtop convertible, platform scaled down from RX8, 2.3L 160hp engine(im guessing the one in the 3s).

If it's 2.3L 160 hp, it's gotta be the 6i/3s motor, I hope they'd tune it some though, at least upgrade the ecu or something. . .

if it's the 3s motor in the miata it's going to SMOKE the MS miata. Those things are crap at the track (drag strip).

Ghost Buster said:
if it's the 3s motor in the miata it's going to SMOKE the MS miata. Those things are crap at the track (drag strip).
that's because they're not built for DRAG. they're built for fun.

yikes, a small and light car like the miata with a big 2.3l @160hp. Seems very big and heavy for such a small car. The balance will be fudged because of it. That motor is also in desparate need of fine tuning....200hp is a good number ( just look at the RSX type S)

I think a rotary or a higher output turbo motor is the best bet

my 2 cents

Back