Miata brake upgrade?

Brassclef

:
2013 Mazda 2 Touring Liquid Silver
I've looked and searched but I have not found any info. Does anyone know if it's feasible to put a whole miata brake kit (maybe even the speed one?) on the 2? Like 99-05 kits?

I know there's the thread about the rear disk conversion that uses the SVT Focus brakes, but I would think miata brakes would be another option?

Anyone?

Our front rotors are about 10.5" diameter... the 99-02 rotors are 10" except for the ones with sport package(those have 11"), then 03-05 I think they were 11" standard.

What we need is a bracket to either use Miata calipers or move our stock calipers outward(would not be too terribly hard to fab up).

IMO the rear brakes are fine, one of the local hot-shoes that auto crosses a prepared CRX runs drums on the rear because they're lighter and honestly will give you a firmer pedal as long as they're properly adjusted. Even the B-spec racers use OEM rear brakes with zero problems and they last forever.

Agreed, our brakes are really good in the 2. I did a test N tune and took 30 consecutive runs the brakes were solid every time. If you do track days you may see fade but upgrade the lines and front pads youll be fine.

upgrade?

My OEM pads lasted 45k miles including a few track days, Autocrosses and daily city driving and some road trips. Change the fluid to Castrol PRF if really anal about racing performance. Or is that SRF? About 90 a bottle. ATE is fine for me. The rears look like are good for another 25-50k.

I am on season 3 of road racing on the stock rear shoes, they still have about 75% left. The fronts we tear up but that is more from the pad compounds eating up the rotors with the abuse.

-Derrick

Actually I was going off of Rock autos website for dimensions in my last post... KT seems all the parts sites are wrong, the NB sport brakes are actually 10.6" not 11". As long as our rotors measure a true 10.5" there's really no need to upgrade.

Miata sport rotors might just be a direct fit if it doesn't hit the caliper bracket or hardware. If this is the case there might be some lightweight 2pc options out there.

So I should get some braided SS lines and some nicer pads for when I feel like takin it on the track?

I only ask, because I have miata SE wheels, and they are a bit heavier than my stock ones....

So I should get some braided SS lines and some nicer pads for when I feel like takin it on the track?

I only ask, because I have miata SE wheels, and they are a bit heavier than my stock ones....

Pretty much, and flush it with some good brake fluid of course. Get some dedicated track pads and you'll be good, might want to talk to Corksport or someone else that races the 2 in B-spec.

Back