Metro Grey or Crystal White Pearl?

Kobyoshi

Saw them both in person today... holy crap! to both. They look soooooo much better in person than any picture i've seen. With that said here is one picture of each. ;)

I like them both equally, but for totally opposite reasons. For example, the white screams 'look at me'.... the grey is a sleeper. The white looks tougher... the grey appears more grocery getter. The body lines on the white appear sharp and contrasting... the grey appear relaxed and more subdued.
Again... I'm not knocking either one. I love them both... I just need a little help deciding.

Opinions please....?

The only thing I have decided is that they both need tint all the way around.

greyweb.jpg

whiteweb.jpg

Saw them both in person today... holy crap! to both. They look soooooo much better in person than any picture i've seen. With that said here is one picture of each. ;)

I like them both equally, but for totally opposite reasons. For example, the white screams 'look at me'.... the grey is a sleeper. The white looks tougher... the grey appears more grocery getter. The body lines on the white appear sharp and contrasting... the grey appear relaxed and more subdued.
Again... I'm not knocking either one. I love them both... I just need a little help deciding.

Opinions please....?

The only thing I have decided is that they both need tint all the way around.

Me - I just got my Metro Gray MS3 last week, and I agree that is has a sleeper look to it. I also know that it won't LOOK as dirty as a white car (easier to maintain and won't require the constant maintenance IMHO), and with all the pollen out there right now... the california duster has become my best friend as well as the quick detailer. I've always like the dark grays that have come out, and the color of the MS3 was the only thing that was "preventing" me from getting one. Saw this color and the sparkle in the sunlight... it was all over.

And dittos on the tint all the way around... should be doing that in the next couple of weeks.

In any color it's a REALLY sweet ride.

Last edited:
I love how the white one looks,

but I would get the gray one.

Easier to maintain, and once it starts rusting, and it will, it won't show as much.

I bought the 2008.5 Metro Gray over a used low mileage 2007 Sunlight Silver (I got MUCH better financing on the new). I do NOT like how the plastic in the rear bumper blends in. On the other colors, this is a nice contrast. But really, its the only thing I don't like about it

I love how the white one looks,

but I would get the gray one.

Easier to maintain, and once it starts rusting, and it will, it won't show as much.

way to predict the future. it wont rust if you take care of your vehicle. make sure you wash your wheel wells and s*** and itll be fine. wax your car regularly too. and if your really worried you can get some undercoat spray to spray inside the wells around the body side to prevent the metal from being exposed to the elements.

Crystal White Pearl all day long. When I was selling Mazdas it was my favorite color on the Mazda 3 (sunlight silver was a close second). And this is coming from someone who has a Laser Blue Mica car lol....

how about get both, you'll be satisfied ... and no regrets not having bought the other one ... lol

That's what I was thinking... I mean wishing.

Did the gray look very blue in person?

It looked more like a blue/green... I guess kinda teal? Here is a close up.

mgmfweb.jpg

Here is a closeup of the CWP to be fair.

cwpweb.jpg

I would just get a Black Mica and call it a day.

Never guessed I'd get that comment out of ya... ;)

And I agree... The Black Mica in the sunlight is sick, but I don't think I can take a dirty car 20 minutes after I wash it.

Saw this color and the sparkle in the sunlight... it was all over.

In any color it's a REALLY sweet ride.

The pictures don't do them justice. None of them at all.

I love the grey, but currently (and this is subject to change) I'm leaning towards the CWP.

Thanks for your comments...

The gray is pretty nice, but I would go with the white. It shows off the black accents better and also works better with the interior.

i like the grey because you get get some crazy depth out of it if you buff and wax the s*** out of it....plus i know grey doesnt show swirl marks and is real easy to patch if you get a scratch. i dont know much about white in those aspects. the white does look sick tho.

Where the hell are these white ones?!?!?! When i bought mine like 3-4 weeks ago, i was told white MS3's didnt exist. Even on mazdausa.com only showed 4 colors, and white not being one of them. I was later informed they wernt going to be released until this summer... Man some 1 clue me in, because now im ****** pissed. I like my black one fine, but i would have been MUCH happier with a white one..

White and gray are the new colors for the 08.5 upgrade. The 08.5's have been showing up at dealers pretty steadily in the last month or two. I got mine last month...

why the hell did'nt i hear about it... I just got mine 3-4 weeks ago. Man that piss's me off. I think my black one is a 08.5. Because it has the MP3 player/6 disc cd changer?

why the hell did'nt i hear about it... I just got mine 3-4 weeks ago. Man that piss's me off. I think my black one is a 08.5. Because it has the MP3 player/6 disc cd changer?

You're not sure?
Easy way to tell is the trim around the power window controls. If it's black it's an 08.5, silver it's an 08.
The seats are different too... as are the needles on the speedo, tach, fuel, and temp. 08.5's are white needles.

Back