Metal Knock after oil leak

yamabuddha

:
MPS
So, apparently, I have an oil leak at the master seal and didn't know it. Well, after a while, my car got extremely low on oil (down to under a quart) and started making what sounds like a metal clank noise from the engine. I checked the turbo and it seems to be fine. I checked for loose bolts and what not, but didn't find anything obvious. So, my question is, anyone have an idea as to what the noise could be? It sounds like it's coming from the front/top of the engine and the noise gets faster if the engine is rev'd. The car is drivable (though i don't wanna risk completely killing the car, so I don't drive it now), however, I have a lot less back pressure than before, even if I go past my normal 4000ish rpm range. Someone told me it sounds like a bad exhaust valve or blown bearing. They also told me to connect up a oil pressure gauge (which I have and plan to do this weekend) to see if I have zero oil pressure. I will get a video of it up today once I get home. Any suggestions/thoughts/help would be awesome.

Note: I'm going to replace the master seal.

sounds like a spun bearing....do not start your car again!...either break it down and do it yourself or tow it somewhere thats going to bend you over and give it to you hard.

I am luck enough to have both a bother-in-law and father-in-law that are both cert mechanics lol. Now, to just get them to my house.

Thanks for the info btw, i figured it would be something really bad :(

Latest posts

Back