Megan Racing

jerkamiah

:
03 Silver MP5 - Megan Racing Cat Back
Can somebody give me a phone number for Megan Racing? If not, where are they located and I'll try to look it up.

I ordered a cat-back system from them last week after reading several old exhaust threads. After nothing happened for 4 days I called them to find out my exhaust was "on back order" (1-2 weeks before ship). Now I'm trying to go to their website and it's down somehow.

I'm starting to get a little concerned and would like to talk with them again.

What were other people's experience with Megan Racing? It's probably nothing - just want to make sure I'm not in the process of getting ripped off.

id relax im sure everything is fine. althought i could always be wrong but its prolly just a coincidence

i order all my stuff from aod_fan on the boards, hes a megan racing merchant or what not, has great service and is a kool guy

Yeah, I checked back this afternoon and MOST of the site is back up. They must be having some technical issues. I'll post a follow up once I get my exhaust so they don't get a bad name if it's nothing, as I suspect.

They are very popular and have many orders. Mine took a little bit.

I know it sucks not to have stuff you paid for, but you guys need patience. You have to remember, not everything is on the shelf, especially for our cars. Much of the stuff is MADE TO ORDER, the only economical way much of the time.

Civic stuff, yeah, you can get what you want, but that is a byproduct of supply and demand.

You will be happy with the exhaust. I like mine, the sound is nice.

Site seems fine.......... (thumb)

Megan Racing Inc. USA Headquarter.

489 Yorbita Road,
La Puente, CA, 91744
USA

General Phone : +1 (626)581-0988
General Fax : +1 (626)581-8334
Wholesale Fax : +1 (626)581-4332

ProtoType5 said:
Site seems fine.......... (thumb)

Megan Racing Inc. USA Headquarter.

489 Yorbita Road,
La Puente, CA, 91744
USA

General Phone : +1 (626)581-0988
General Fax : +1 (626)581-8334
Wholesale Fax : +1 (626)581-4332

Isn't that the town Racing Beat is based in? or am I getting them confused with NewEgg.com.. I don't feel like going down into the garage to look at the side of my exhaust tip.

Well I got the cat-back as scheduled on Tuesday. Tried once Thursday night to install it, but ran into problems with the rear bolts on the stock system. Yesterday I ended up taking a friction disc on a circular saw to the OE exhaust so I could get it off. The Megar Racing system went on fairly easily.

I'm a little disappointed in that I e-mailed Megan Racing when I ordered the system to ask if I needed any additional hardware and never got a response. When I got the exhaust, they had included most of what I needed, but they expect you to re-use the OE nuts at the Cat and there's no gasket for the Cat connection. Why couldn't they just throw in 2 more 30cent nuts and a 2dollar gasket???!!!! I tried to re-use the ring-type gasket from the OE system, but it doesn't seat right and the alignment of the resonator pipe is off, making it hit my heat shield. I'll have to go to the auto parts store and get a gasket that'll work and try to re-align everything.

Overall, the product looks great - nice finish, good fit for the tailpipe in the body cutout, good welding. It sounds nice, too - I'd call it understated. Down low it has a nice muffled resonance. Up high it pretty much shuts up - barely louder than stock. My dad, who hates tuning, said, "Makes it sound like a real car instead of a sewing machine." Pretty much sums it up. I took the silencers right out and it's still more quiet than what I expected. No droning at all, except a little when you're decelerating against the engine. And why did they put those two holes in the tip to bolt the silencer in???!!! I guess I'll put the bolts back in without the silencer to plug the holes. Still, that'll look goofy.

Overall I'm satisfied. I certainly didn't get scammed as the post started out wondering. The Megan Racing Cat-Back is a good product that could be great if they would include a little more hardware and get rid of the silencer holes.

Now I have to change my avatar...

jk

Oh... that time frame is nothing... I thought I was being impatient in my dealings with DGMotorsports... 4 days is nothing dude. I have been sitting on this DGMotorsports thing for about a month and a half, only good thing is they haven't charged me yet... I think....

I'll get some pics when I re-hang the entire system this week and post them. The thing's clanging pretty badly on my heat shield and the tip has started to wander to where I'm afraid it's gonna start melting bodywork. I went to Advance Auto and bought a couple of potential gaskets, since the stock one is most likely the root of my problems. I also picked up some hose clamps to try and locate the rear piece on the hangers a little better. Hopefully I'll follow-up post in a couple of days with good news.

If you're system is like a lot of ours on here you may end up taking it to a shop to have them fix it to get it to stop hitting your heat shield. I even got Kartboy exhaust hangers to try to stop it with no luck. I'm going to find a shop this weekend to fix mine, been listening to it rattle against the heatshield for 3 months now.

overdrivex said:
isnt megan racing a copy cat company of mugen racing?
i don't believe so... they make alot of parts for many makes and models (obviously)... not just honda.

they make some good products for 240's...

almost forgot i might have some useful information for you besides just bumming on your choice of cat. if you go to www.corksport.com when you purchase their in-house made cat 'Power Series' they will only honor the warranty if you show evidence of upgrading your engine mounts. apparently the engine movement causes problems maybe even "clanking on the heat shield" for all i know. but if all else fails you might want to look into that. http://www.corksport.com/store/category/4qbt/99p-intake.html this link should take you right to that info.

Back