Megan Racing springs?

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
Is anyone with an MSP(or any 3rd gen sedan) running these?

The site lists them as for the Protege5 but I'm wondering how they might look on a sedan (running non MSP shocks of course.)

They have one of the higher spring rates I've seen so that would be great if these worked for sedans too.

- Color: Orange

- Lower rate: 1.9"-2" Front+Rear

- Springs rate: 280F & 230R

- MSRP: $159.95

So is anyone running these? Please post pics!!!

i heard that the p5 springs wont work well with the sedan because of the spring rate and will throw the balance off...

IMAG0289.jpg

I'm still running them in the front but I switched to eibach in the rear.. this is an old pic but the rear sits a bit high, also the springs get all rusty after a year.

Hmmm, that doesnt look bad, I like a little bit of rake. Anymore pics?

Was that on stock MSP struts?

How did they feel?

I had bought them off of mazdaspeedstore.com they were like 120.00 shipped iirc

They def felt tighter on turns, kept the same ride pretty much too, the front goes pretty low , the rear kinda sits high depending on where u park.

IMAG0289.jpg

I'm still running them in the front but I switched to eibach in the rear.. this is an old pic but the rear sits a bit high, also the springs get all rusty after a year.

were they for sedan or hatch.

and the eibachs you have now are for the sedan correct.

the hatch springs on a sedan will sit higher because they were designed for the extra weight of the hatch so when they are on a sedan it will sit higher.

Megan only made springs for the "Protege5" so if he was running the orange megans then they were for the hatch
were they for sedan or hatch.

and the eibachs you have now are for the sedan correct.

the hatch springs on a sedan will sit higher because they were designed for the extra weight of the hatch so when they are on a sedan it will sit higher.

I'm just wondering if thats on the stock MSP struts or replacement sedan HPs. Because if they're replacements then that would explain why they dont sit as high due to the lower perch than whats on the MSP struts.

i like my tokico springs i dropped 1.5 all around look at my sig pic, but im gonna swap them out for some eibach sportlines i picked up earlier this year havent installed them but the guy i got them from said he dropped about 2"

Hmmm, so doing some calculations to see if the rears are really that much different in strength for sedan vs hatch. I did some comparisons:

Stock springs:
F: 2.82kgf/mm
R: 2.1kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 25.5%

Aftermarket:

Tein S-techs:
F: 3.2kgf/mm
R: 2.6kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 18.7%

Espelir:
F: 3.2kgf/mm
R: 2.8kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 12.5%

Mazdaspeed B-Spec
F: 4.4kgf/mm
R: 3.8kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 13.6%

Megan "Protege 5" Springs
F: 5kgf/mm
R: 4.1kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 18%

GC Coilover Sleeves
F: 6.25kgf/mm
R: 4.47kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 28.5%

Eibach Sportline (at highes compression)
F: 3.27kgf/mm
R: 2.25kgf/mm
% diff front to rear in spring rate: 31.2%

LOL So it seems theres really no "standard" to how much the front spring rates differ from the rears. So I dont think the Megan springs were rated for the heavier rear end of the P5 as their difference in rate is quite close to the rate of the Tein S-techs but just a higher rate Front to Rear.

Hmmmm

Back