Medival Rear Motor Mount - Center bolts came loose

Darkstar really has taken care of the situation really well. I sent back the mount today and they sent out the new mount today as well. They understood the problem and really take their warranty seriously.

I will be running the new mount as soon as I get it so I will tell you the difference between the 1st and the 2nd generations. Nearly all of the mounts went out of the the loctite so most of you don't have anything to worry about. But if you have a weird noise definitely check it out and make sure its not the mount.

But if you really are worried, take it out and re-loctite them so you know it was done.

But big thumbs up to Darkstar and Medieval for taking care of the situation and their customer.

TRZ Delrin

hey i have the TRZ delrin and have very little vibes i have only had it on for about 90 miles best mod i have done yet very solid no more engine rockin or wheel hop took 30 sec to install with an airtool

i dont get why they would make it two pieces like that. even if its half the price of the trz, who cares, a motor mount isn't something to screw around with. im not knocking on darkstar or anything, they seem like a cool company and its good to see that they're taking care of you but..

if you're going to do it, do it right. the trz pieces (both rear motor mount and tranny mounts) are very solid, simple one piece designs.

just my input, for those who may be on the fence. spend the extra money so you dont have to worry about your motor sitting on the ground.

i just installed the new Dog Bone from Medival and i can see right now i wouldnt want any part of the TRZ mount(vibes)

some dont mind the vibes b/c they want their car to be more sports driven(TRZ) owners

i want mine to be as sports driven as possible but i dont want to sacrifice comfort. even SU's MM was alittle too much in different way

the new Medival is perfect for consumers that want their cars to remains as comfortable as possible.

trans. Whine is a bit louder in first,CORRECTION* NO vibes in Idle(just a tad more than Inserts), a/c vibes are minimal(unlike SU's), you feel what ill call "drone vibes" in lower rpms, TQ gets to the ground, and engine movement is minimal as well.

this mount is perfect. it feels like beefy Inserts(comfort) that vibes a bit more and the MM isnt even broken in yet

not to mention the Mount didnt cost $100+.

Last edited:
lesson learned here I guess... it is good to check bolts are seated. after this thread i went under the hood inspected some hose clamps and sure enough they were coming loose. i also lost one of the two bolts that held on my cobb filter.

have you used other mounts? I'm running TRZ dogbone poly I'm awfully curious to check out sports mount same construction which I like a lot.

i just installed the new Dog Bone from Medival and i can see right now i wouldnt want any part of the TRZ mount(vibes)

some dont mind the vibes b/c they want their car to be more sports driven(TRZ) owners

i want mine to be as sports driven as possible but i dont want to sacrifice comfort. even SU's MM was alittle too much in different way

the new Medival is perfect for consumers that want their cars to remains as comfortable as possible.

trans. Whine is a bit louder in first, vibes are minimal in Idle(just a tad more than Inserts), a/c vibes are minimal(unlike SU's), you feel what ill call "drone vibes" in lower rpms, TQ gets to the ground, and engine movement is minimal as well.

this mount is perfect. it feels like beefy Inserts(comfort) that vibes a bit more and the MM isnt even broken in yet

not to mention the Mount didnt cost $100+.

no, i have only used Inserts. so my comments about the TRZ vibes arent based on personal experience. theyre from reading many impressions on the TRZ Dog Bone.

im driving the car right now. and i have a correction to make on my impression of the Medival Dog Bone.

there are NO vibes in idle

Last edited:
I'm going to have to check it out. I've already asked sport that I need to come check out out and compare side by side.
no, i have only used Inserts. so my comments about the TRZ vibes arent based on personal experience. theyre from reading many impressions on the TRZ Dog Bone.

im driving the car right now. and i have a correction to make on my impression of the Medival Dog Bone.

great to hear... just ordered one myself

Back