Mechnical Water temp gauge (help)

P5inder

:
2002 Protege 5
Hello everyone, (help)

This might be in the wrong thread...but is it about monitoring the engine's performance so...I'll take a chance here.

Just wondering if anyone here has installed a mechanical Water temperature gauge on their vehicle.

I have a set of gauges that I would like to install but have no idea how to go about installing the water temp gauge...well, I have been doing some brainstorming and have *some* idea...

I am guessing that I'd have to install it in the existing or OEM ECT (engine coolant temperature) sensor aperture, meaning I'd have to remove the OEM one.

If this is correct, it would be pretty straight forward, except for the adapter fitting (s) I'd need to make the new sensor fit the existing aperture. If anyone knows the type and size of these please, contribute.

If this is only partly correct and I need to keep the OEM ECT sensor to keep the ECM from throwing a code; then anyone know what kind of extra adapters or extra piping I'd need to get?

If anyone has done this (hopefuly some of you autoxers or circuit racers can help) please, please help. I've had these gauges sitting in my garage for a year now and I would like to get this project under way and hopefully finished within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance to one and all that can help.

Juan

PS, if you have done this or have sen this done and have photos available, it would be an awesome bonus for me. Tx, again.

Back