Mazdaspeed6 Clutch Fix TSB

Congrats man.... I hope they're fronting the labor and just charging you the $140+ for the disc itself.

while they were test driving the car they found out that the engine mount is also defective so they are fixing that too. hopefully i get it back soon. been 3 days so far. just have to keep waiting. im sure its worth the wait.
Which mount? I've been thinking about replacing my rear one.

Congrats man.... I hope they're fronting the labor and just charging you the $140+ for the disc itself.

thanks! yea they took care of the labor cuz they had it open anyways just paid the 140 for the disk.

Which mount? I've been thinking about replacing my rear one.

it was a top mount. left i believe. mount # 4 is what the dealer called it.

got car back friday. and the clutch is soooo different!! i can finally enjoy the car and not have to constantly thinking about shifting! (yippy)

Man when I purchased this car in the begining , I was having mad problems with the clutch. I kept stalling at first, and thought it was me, untill I read that there was an issue with the clutch.

Took the car to my local dealership, they replaced it and now everything is OK. The clutch feels 100 times better, Im so happy.

If I would have had to keep the car with the old #$%^& clutch, I would have Shot myself. It was the worst clutch ever, thankgoodness it was fixed

I'm also just bought a used MS6 in NYC. Which dealership did the TSB for you?

I'm also just bought a used MS6 in NYC. Which dealership did the TSB for you?

it was a dealership in marietta ga. i dunno if u wanna come all the way down here for it. but if i cant find anyone to do it. might be worth it.

I just got my Clutch TSB done in Charleston, SC by Stokes Mazda. They did a serious bad job. Did not align the car, install the cradle properly, or adjust the clutch pedal. They also used my intercooler as a tool tray. Had to get Mazda involved. Took it to another dealer for the alignment done and they found the cradle jacked up. Now I have to take it back to Stokes for a new intercooler...glad Mazda was on my side.....Lisa Henderson is who helped me.

wait, so they are still covering the clutch TSB from back in 2007?
If so, which vehicle type do i have to be... just checked my VIN and im Type A.

Cause mine DEFINITLY sits pretty far out and needs to be depressed pretty damn far to engage...

Chris..you can adjust the clutch pedal height.. if you dont know how its easy its just takes a couple wrenches.. just do it in small steps so you dont mess up the ride.. ive adjusted mine for carrying super heavy loads.. ill show you next time we meet..

If you guys do this at a meet, please let me know...I've been meaning to make one of the meets, and getting my clutch adjusted so it's friendlier would be a nice bonus. I've seen the instructions on here, just haven't had the place or time to take a crack at it. And, having someone there who's done it would be a bonus.

im usually in signal hill on wednesdays.. its quite easy it just takes two wrenches and some patience.. this takes a few shots and some time to adjust to. so ill show you how and then you can do it.. the only danger is unscrewing it entirely and it just goes back in so, no problems.. its mostly just a personal issue.. i had to soften mine up a bit for heavy loads.. and i adjusted it a couple times after some mods.. it makes alot of difference.. but, still a preference thing..(uhm)

parts on order for clutch tsb as of today. =) went in to complain about rattle from rear deck lid and went for a ride with the service tech. made some small talk about the clutch to start the flow of conversation and he took it the rest of the way. "yeah we have heard that the mazdaspeed clutches are tougher than others... yeah ill check for a tsb when we get back". just waiting to bring the car in when parts arrive.

2006 MS6 w/ 35K miles.

Since it is in fact a new clutch, you should treat it as such. I'm not sure what the break-in time is but I would hold off on dropping the clutch at high rpm until you've put a few miles on it.

Hey guys, I brought in my Type A to Jim Ellis Mazda of Atlanta to have the clutch TSB done. They agreed without too much resistance, which is good because I only have a month or so left on the warranty (only 21K miles, though).

BUT, that was 4/1; now it's 4/9 and they claim they're "still waiting on parts." For those of you who got the fix done, how long did it take them to get parts?

My friend thinks the dealer is trying to out-wait me so that I pick up the car without them having to do the work. Is it really possible that they're being passive-aggressive with me?

no, they are required by law to honor the warranty, since you dropped of the car and gave them notice BEFORE it ran out, as long as dates were recorded as such.

they know they would be legally liable if they tried to charge you for the TSB, and you could then take them to court and sue their asses for a 100% chance of winning a payout.

Thanks batou. Picked it up today...seems they did the replacement rather quickly.

Add me to the group who wholeheartedly recommends getting the fix done. My Type A is way improved:
- Less deadzone before friction point
- Much smoother takeup

It takes a little bit of readjustment time to get used to, as I was already comfortable with the old clutch, but it's SOOO much easier to drive smoothly. Some may miss the violent takeup of the old clutch, thinking the grabbiness to be sporty, but this is really how the clutch should come from the factory. Even though it's not as grabby, it's easier to launch even going WOT 0-60.

For those of you still considering it...get it done! Do what you must to convince the dealer.

Latest posts

Back