Mazdaspeed6 Badge

mrmister

:
06 Whitewater Pearl MS6 GT
I wanted to take both the Mazdaspeed and the 6 badge of, but I'm not sure if there are pegs behind them or not. Has anyone done it yet? I heard in a couple of places that there are and some other places that there aren't. I don't want to take it off if there are going to be holes in the trunk.

Thanks for your help.

mrmister said:
I wanted to take both the Mazdaspeed and the 6 badge of, but I'm not sure if there are pegs behind them or not. Has anyone done it yet? I heard in a couple of places that there are and some other places that there aren't. I don't want to take it off if there are going to be holes in the trunk.

Thanks for your help.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
I think on the MS6 It's attached by double sided tape (3m) only. You'll need a heat gun or hair blow dryer to heat it up and use dental floss to remove it. You will also need goo gone to remove any of the tape residue. Once removed, just wash and wax it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any holes behind it. Somewhere I heard that there might not be pegs on the badge, but there were still holes behind it that aren't used. I just want to be totally sure before I go ahead and remove it.

Have either of you taken the MS6 badge off. I don't want to sound like I don't trust you, but I want to be totally positive before I actually take mine off.

Thanks again for your help.

As long as someone else has done it, and they are willing to help, I'd like to ask them first.

Just took them off. Here's a couple picks after taking them off and cleaning, to show how it came out. It turned out a lot easier than I thought. The clouds in the rear window of the first one look awesome.

Attachments

• Back1.JPG
    Back1.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 562
  • Back2.JPG
    Back2.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
mrmister said:
Just took them off. Here's a couple picks after taking them off and cleaning, to show how it came out. It turned out a lot easier than I thought. The clouds in the rear window of the first one look awesome.

Looks clean.

I think I like my badges though....at least for now.

Back