Mazdaspeed3!!

what the hell are ou talking about?
there is a thread about the relationship between ford and mazda on the 3 model. read it and then come back.

no matter how good it looks remember all Mazda3's are FORD CRAP

No need to get jelous just cause you don't have a 3...

Having test driven ford products before I bougth my 3, I can tell ya the 3 is miles away from the focus (IMO). The 3 definitly doesn't have the 'cheap' interior feel, or the lack of power under the hood.
To me, the 3 does not feel like a ford product at all, the cornering , the features, the prices and the drive is sooo not a ford.

Also, I really don't feel that the Mazda 3 is 'crap', ... having knocked off the civic from the #1 spot in the past two years must mean something... (nana)

zooomin said:
No need to get jelous just cause you don't have a 3...

Having test driven ford products before I bougth my 3, I can tell ya the 3 is miles away from the focus (IMO). The 3 definitly doesn't have the 'cheap' interior feel, or the lack of power under the hood.
To me, the 3 does not feel like a ford product at all, the cornering , the features, the prices and the drive is sooo not a ford.

Also, I really don't feel that the Mazda 3 is 'crap', ... having knocked off the civic from the #1 spot in the past two years must mean something... (nana)
go road test the new focus when it comes out or the volvo s40 all 3 are the same car every componant on the mazda3 says clearly FMC,ford motor company I've been working for mazda for 16yrs this car is a ford. sorry to burst your bubbles why you think I have a protege and my next car will be a honda, as far as power how'd you like that 190km cut off.

can't say I've gone that fast.. I don't treat my 3 like a race car.. my teenage years are over, and now I actually have to pay for and maintain a car. You know.. maturity.. (ah nevermind, I've lost you)

I understand what you're saying, and don't worry, you're not 'bursting' my bubble.. I don't sell Mazda 3's or any other mazda, I have nothing to gain or lose if the mazda 3 does good or bad in the market. I just feel that Mazda has really improved their product line and that the 3 is really not that bad of a car.

I realize it has won numerous awards etc., and thats great.. I didn't buy it cause it was the top 10 in this, or the top 3 in that.. .I bought it cause I really liked it, and I still like it.

I dont' mean to start a whole thing here, its just that we all have different opinions and different tastes. I wish you well with the honda, its actually a really good quality built car, and the market shows that.

newfpw said:
go road test the new focus when it comes out or the volvo s40 all 3 are the same

Probably will. They put together a nice package with this new C1 platform. But from what I heard they won't be building the Focus on the C1 platform, it will continue on the C170.

newfpw said:
I've been working for mazda for 16yrs this car is a ford. sorry to burst your bubbles why you think I have a protege and my next car will be a honda

I hope you don't work where I take my car for service. I think you're next car will be a Honda because you're closed minded and would prefer to graze with the rest of the sheep.

newfpw said:
as far as power how'd you like that 190km cut off.

That really bothers me as I routinely like to travel faster than that on my daily commute (read thick sarcasm).

I hope you don't work where I take my car for service. I think you're next car will be a Honda because you're closed minded and would prefer to graze with the rest of the sheep.

Believe me you'd be lucky if I serviced your car I'm buy the book and very picky,getting in trouble at times for it because I don't do patch work I find and repair problem's, my rant is mearly because after all these years and products I've never been hit with so many wierd problems and service bulletins. but you're right out of the current litter it's in the top.

One more thing i feel should be said. Althougha lot of parts are branded FMC it does nto mean they were developed by the useless ford engineers. SOme parts were developed by Mazda and its engineers and then taken by ford, branded with FoMoCo and then used in the Focus and Volvo. Other parts were developed by Volvo and the same thign happened. It is unfair to said that such and such car are ford crap, although we all agree that ford is crap its not necessarily true that cars developed by other companies under the supervision of Ford are crap. Just my 2 pesos

and ford europe in my mind has some sweet cars and lots of nice engineering into those cars, in the US the only thing ford has done right lately is their trucks, the new f series is prob the only straight ford i would think about, that and the new mustang gt..... i think the five hundred and the fusion are junk, even though its based on the mazda6 platform they designed it for those people who still want a tourus... so why not call it the new tourus... pos!!

yeah those are the rumors pretty much every one is saying no awd but the good news i have heard on other forums was that it was going to be a de-tuned 2.3l not the 2.0 what they mean by detuned (just lower boost or no direct injection) is anyones guess but they are speculating 220-240 hp and fwd with some sort of lsd... (quaiffe would be nice)

m only complaint is that it's going to be FWD,because they don't want it to interfear with MS6 sales.

other then that,I hope they don't **** it up as bad as they did the MSP

Rickman said:
BOO, if that is the case I think they are making a huge mistake.
What would be a mistake would be to add AWD as standard hardware. It would raise the price too much to be affordable for many buyers. I would like to see the AWD as an option, even though with the MS3 limited availability, it would not make economical sense either. No to mention that AWD would add a considerable amount of weight which would hurt performance. As long as there is a LSD I think its going to be pretty damn good.

RHAGEL said:
What would be a mistake would be to add AWD as standard hardware. It would raise the price too much to be affordable for many buyers. I would like to see the AWD as an option, even though with the MS3 limited availability, it would not make economical sense either. No to mention that AWD would add a considerable amount of weight which would hurt performance. As long as there is a LSD I think its going to be pretty damn good.

it'll cost too much regardless.

Rickman said:
it'll cost too much regardless.
What will cost too much? The car? It can't be any more than a base WRX at $25,640 or whatever it is. I would rather have a Subaru Legact GT for $26k, that is a pretty good deal.

RHAGEL said:
What will cost too much? The car? It can't be any more than a base WRX at $25,640 or whatever it is. I would rather have a Subaru Legact GT for $26k, that is a pretty good deal.

thats what the MS6 is for,to compete with the legacy GT/STI.

the MS3 has the intent of competeing with the srt-4,cobalt SS,and the ION redline.

The 3 already has a hell of alot to offer for the price,they cannot afford to add AWD,and since it will not have the power of a EVO,or a STI,they cannot allow it to cost as much as them,or attemp to compete with them.

CHICO2003 said:
this article is from dec 2004.... find me something more recent and maybe I'll buy it. Until then, my money's on AWD.
soo how much money is that? you can make all accounts payable to me. as I also said, I read it on a Mazda site(not just some mazda forum).

Back