mazdaspeed3 transmission

neox.286

:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
hi,

I am currently planning a speed3 build that I may possibly be taking up around late-summer time of next year

I do plan to place the car over the 300-350 whp mark and I am concerned that there may be transmission issues at that point in time

has anyone here suffered from transmission failure in the past? or has mazda finally made a decent transmission?

if you have had issues, what exactally was the issue? (lsd? specific gears? collars?) and what are the current options for speed3 owners to take up in order to prevent these transmission issues?

any positive input is appreciated! this is not a thread to discuss the mods necessary to reach my horsepower goal lol

I have yet to hear about any tranny buildups Just a couple clutches offered.Mine has suffered alot of punishment on the street and alittle at track. I changed to redline at about fifteen all seems well so far but I do not have near the ponies you are going after I presume.

Four weeks ago I replaced my clutch after 83,000 miles on a 09 Speed3. I put in a brand new stock clutch pressure plate and Fidanza flywheel along with 3 quarts of FoMoCo gear oil. I now have almost 700 miles on the clutch after riding no higher than 3k rpms for the first 250 miles, the next 150-200 slight boost but still very conservative and after 500+ I started to do some WOT runs that I had no issues with. Crisp, quick, clean power shifting 1st-3rd EVERY single time. About two days ago I go to drive my car and notice that the shifter took a much greater effort to put in gear but once it went into gear it didn't grind, click or make any odd noises and would always shift just with added effort/pressure. I have continued to do a couple WOT runs and it still shifts like it came out of the dealership if not better. I also forgot to mention that once the car warms up it starts to shifter better but not completely. Could this be the master cylinder or slave, especially fresh out a brand new clutch/ flywheel install that had no previous issues for over 500 miles? Thanks

Back