mazdaspeed talk on is300.net

t34se

all IS300s of all years were 215/218

i raced my friend's e-shift and we found the msp to be faster, manual to manual i would guess driver's race...

I'm not a big IS fan atleast the us spec but I think that car is much better then ours. Yea stock for stock our car might be even if not faster but an IS is rwd and has a lot more potential then our car ever will. And all the guys who act all badass in them need to stop because the only reason why they bought that car is because they couldn't afford an M3 anyway.

I say bring 'em...I love making stupid pompus asses feel, well, stupid....:D

Now, an M3...well, I just ignore them on the road, so as to not look like I'm admiring it. The jackasses behind those wheels will NEVER get the satisfaction of me looking at them, whether I'm in my car, a friend's car, or standing on the side of the road...

Basically, people just plain suck. And a Happy Friday to all! :cool:

Not the old M3....the Newer ones are sick. Whats with the IS300 hatered? I've never met a cocky IS owner, so maybe im lucky. Infact I chill with a cool/cute girl that drives a IS. They are fun cars with lots of potential...

Last edited:
Well I have an IS300 AND a MSP. The IS300 handles almost as well as my msp does. That in itself is pretty impressive. The mazdaspeed is of course faster well cuz... it aint stock. But stock they run neck and neck with our cars. The thing i really love about the is300 is rwd in such a small car.

t3ase said:
look for a 2003 rating, not a 2004.

They were all the same. The only changes for 04 is interior stuff and i think the wheels. All have the same 215 hp/218lb rating.

i'm a big fan of the is300. i like them a lot. i have had more people ask me if my msp was an is. go figure. however for the price, the sound system, the handling and the pretty good speed out of an econobox i'll take the MSP.

Here's a pic of when my msp was new. Sorry the pic is a little bit... huge. I can't scale it down on my work comp.

dcp_0367.jpg

Hey t3ase, you misquoted the specs on the MSP. We have 170 hp not 150 like you listed.
There was alot of arrogance and ignorance on that thread, but I didn't like the guy with the MSP bashing the IS on their board. God knows we can't stand it when it happens to us.
The guy who said they are 2 different cars, i agree with him though. The IS is a far more luxurious car then the MSP and no doubt has better materials and build quality.
The guy who was yipping about his leather seats was an idiot.

jred321 said:
i thought the altezza got a 3sgte? a turbo 2.0l

edit: i've been looking around, it looks like they come with a 3sge, not gte, and no turbo. i must have seen one in a magazine with a 3sgte swapped in. oh well, it'd be sweet if they did :D

3sge although not turbo is still a very capable engine. I personally prefer the 2L altezza than the heavy 3L version. And you can definitely swap in the 3sgte into an altezza there are parts for it everywhere.

I just think all of the trolls that go onto other boards and expect respect are funny... :D
of course IS owners aren't going to admit that with the ~$14k you save getting the MSP you could make a monster of a car to obliterate most of the ISes. the same amount of money invested and it'd be a total walk. but most MSP owners don't like to talk about the idea of getting a P5 and using the ~$3k savings on a turbo and getting a ton more performance... or even WORSE... getting a used civic and using the ~$10k savings and we all know about the Honda aftermarket...

trolls tend to give no respect nor do they tend to receive it... let's just let them believe as they want to (they will, whether we intervene or not) and all go out for a fun drive in the twisties :D

this is a pretty interesting find though, thanks to your friend for sharing it with us

I know I misquoted the car.. I wasn't thinking, just tyring to act a fool. Post has been removed.

I raced an automatic is300 and it was pretty much next to next.....but that was like the day after i got my MSP and i wasn't too great at launching it. By now i could probly beat him.

Back