mazdaspeed short shifter

dread

Attachments

• SFPLImage25883.jpg
    SFPLImage25883.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,267
wow, nice.... if i wasn't going to new york city in two weeks i would have one on order allready....

It is only a few dollars cheaper than i bought my TWM for, but I got the 10% off for last months deal. I paid $170. However, it doesnt seem worth it for the mazdaspeed because it only shortens the throw 20%. I cant find the numbers for TWM but I think I remember it shortening the throw about 45%. And I absolutely love the quality of my shifter......my $.02

The TMW is 35% and I was pondering getting it, but I think mazda designs great shifters. So I am hoping they didn't slack off on this one.

what ever happened here? Did you install? How is the product? Does anyone else have this installed?

Yes I installed the product and I am very happy with it. It angles toward the driver, which some people hate but once you get used to it driving with the stock shifter feels like it is too far to the passanger side. The shifting is solid and precise. The stick sits about a half an inch or so lower but it is not much shorter than stock. Here are some pics. The first pic is stock and the second two are the mazdaspeed.

Attachments

• DSCN0935.JPG
    DSCN0935.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0945.JPG
    DSCN0945.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSCN0944.JPG
    DSCN0944.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 1,034
nope, definetly not. I have the ARK shifter, which is probably the same as the TWM (non-bend version) i don't think i like the bend on the MS shifter...unless that last pic it was in gear...

I absolutely love the shortness of the ARK...i could never go back to a stock shifter, the seat does not go high enough!!!! lol The shifter was my first mod :)

Back