Mazdaspeed Protege vs. Mazdaspeed Miata

Which do you prefer?

• Mazdaspeed Protege

Votes: 66 55.0%
  • Mazdaspeed Miata

Votes: 54 45.0%

• Total voters
Its a black es with red stoppers. Finally someone in lubbock!!!!! but whats with this go horns stuff?!? anyhoo im glad to see someone in LTX on the board finally. what car do u have with you? or did u bring all three?

I just got rid of the Protege5 for an MSM..

Granted it's not a Mazdaspeed protege, but I've driven those too..

No comparision. Chassis, engine, tires, suspension, 6spd transmisison (that doesn't blow up) oh, and did I say RWD?

Sure the MSP is a nice car.. but they're not even remotely the same class.. You think they are? Come find me.. we'll find out :)

Well heres thing with me. Granted the transmission is shot peened but I think they dropped the ball in some areas where they got it right with the msp. One is the actual turbo itself, they no longer use a ball bearing unit and went back to journal bearing, kind of a step back with me. They moved the IC to a better location but i mean come on, they really could have used a better core. Also the stereo, i kind of like the aftermarket speakers and sub thing, but thats purely subjective.

Like I said earlier its great the tranny is shotpeened, they used hardpiping, kept the racing harts, and made a great car better. In the end I would choose the msm over the msp, just because of rwd, but something about that protege just keeps calling my name.

I voted for the miata because I am a miata fan at heart, but the protege provides very similar levels of performance plus 4 doors and a usable trunk, so if I had to make a decision I thing I would have to buy the protege

I feel drawn towards the MSM. I have always wanted a Miata, but i could never afford one and when finally I could, well a wife and two kids = no. I now have a MSP, but I have been thinking of trading it in on an MSM, since I already have a paid off 4 door car and I am a convertible freak and a two-seater/roadster freak. So these are the reason I would like an MSM.

1. always wanted a Miata
2. Love convertibles
3. Love two seater roadster type cars
4. in a position to do it

P.S. disclaimer: I am not gay and I have never heard of anyone calling a Miata a gay persons car until reading posts on this forum. One of my best freinds had quite a few Miata's during his life time and he is straight as well. I don't think what type of car you drive defines your sexuality. Maybe the color or accessories and other things one does to personalize thier car, but not the make and model itself. Matter of fact, most gay people I have met or known are pretty well off and they drive cars I could never afford.

night rider said:
Its a black es with red stoppers. Finally someone in lubbock!!!!! but whats with this go horns stuff?!? anyhoo im glad to see someone in LTX on the board finally. what car do u have with you? or did u bring all three?
We need to recruit more Mazda peeps in Lubbock for the board. :D

And I have ALL the cars here. :D

The go horns thing is because I am originally from Austin. UT all the way baby!(lol2)

(friday)

apocman said:
I feel drawn towards the MSM. I have always wanted a Miata, but i could never afford one and when finally I could, well a wife and two kids = no. I now have a MSP, but I have been thinking of trading it in on an MSM, since I already have a paid off 4 door car and I am a convertible freak and a two-seater/roadster freak. So these are the reason I would like an MSM.

1. always wanted a Miata
2. Love convertibles
3. Love two seater roadster type cars
4. in a position to do it

P.S. disclaimer: I am not gay and I have never heard of anyone calling a Miata a gay persons car until reading posts on this forum. One of my best freinds had quite a few Miata's during his life time and he is straight as well. I don't think what type of car you drive defines your sexuality. Maybe the color or accessories and other things one does to personalize thier car, but not the make and model itself. Matter of fact, most gay people I have met or known are pretty well off and they drive cars I could never afford.
GO FOR IT!!!

and I am gay...:p

Ihi Turbo, Which Is The Same Company That Makes The Superchargers On The 2.3 Millenia. Isnt A Ball Bearing Turbo, It Is Bushing. 8.5psi Is The Psi,and A 9psi Wastegate Spring.i Will Take The Msp Over The Msm Any Day, And Yes I Have Drove Both Cars, I Own A Msp And Went To Texas For A Mazdaspeed Class, Lots Of Driving Involved.

I love the MSM and all but everytime I see a Miata, I have to laugh. not in a bad way as I do like the looks of the car. But anyone sitting in it that's above 5'9" looks retarded, even more so the early 90's models. The car is just toooo small for my taste.

Newf said:
I love the MSM and all but everytime I see a Miata, I have to laugh. not in a bad way as I do like the looks of the car. But anyone sitting in it that's above 5'9" looks retarded, even more so the early 90's models. The car is just toooo small for my taste.
Isn't the way they installed the intercooler on that Miata, goofing looking? It looks out of place, or something. :confused:

yeah it looks like a red neck with f'd up teeth :)

Other then that, sweet looking car. I had seen it on Fear factor, and I was impressed.

AGR said:
Isn't the way they installed the intercooler on that Miata, goofing looking? It looks out of place, or something. :confused:
Yeah...but imagine how much easier they have it to install a larger FMIC than we do, Greg...

servoeyes said:
Yeah...but imagine how much easier they have it to install a larger FMIC than we do, Greg...
My little ole' intercooler is just fine by me. See; that is why I have money to spend on watches, and other niceties! (boom07) My MAZDASPEED will remain the way it is now until the day I sell or trade it. Perfect to me, just as it is.

If I could have one car it would be the MSP, if I could have 2 cars only then would I get an MSM - If you're in a family situation it helps because you can then share the rides and still have one fun and one more practical car.

So for the current situation, the MSP is the winnah since it's also hella fun and practical.

yeah really. THat's what it kinda comes down to. If I could afford 2 cars, then a msm wouldn't be a bad idea. But, I can't see myself dragging 4 people around in the middle of a snow storm in Febuary in the MSM. That's why I have the speed and love it. Sporty, but still practical and I can drive it all year around. Now if I could afford a weekend car, that's a different story.

....I'd probably get the rx-8 though :)

MSM not impressed

I really wasnt very impressed with the numbers for the new MSM with the few mods i've done to mine, i've got to be running PRETTY close to that msm, nothing can curve like a miata for the price u pay for one
i want to get a MSP so i can drive it more, since my son is 13 months old i dont drive her much anymore, but he loves riding in it, hes saying vrroom already ;) I just want to make sure i'd be happy with the handling and speed of the FWD MSP? it will be awhile before i get a 2 seater if this miata goes,
thanks for the input.

Attachments

• car 005.jpg
    car 005.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 99
Back