Mazdaspeed Protege Projector Headlights

Can you leave the reflective part of the housing as is with the retrofits? Or would that make it too bright?

It wouldn't make a difference (other than that it looks "off" IMO) the projector does just that, it projects the light out, rather than bouncing it off the reflective surface.

Youre right it does look off. I just don't want my headlights to look too busy if you know what I mean? I'd like to keep the headlights stock looking and upgrading to projectors at the same time

these look nice. Are they the same headlight i am just curious about the yellow marker light part. Do you just black it out? or what?

these look nice. Are they the same headlight i am just curious about the yellow marker light part. Do you just black it out? or what?
You can buy the headlight housings without the amber reflectors or they can be popped out when you open the housings.

^What he said

But, be aware, if you are buying new lights and DO NOT want the amber corners in, don't buy lights with them because it leaves 3 little holes that are still there. It's not bad, but it's something that would bug me

and i did a test fit on an older set non-painted before i painted em and found a pic back in my photobucket

I think it'd look better with the mini gatling gun shroud though

3d1eac39.jpg

and to keep it as OEM looking as possible, i'd keep the amber reflector in the corner. One less thing for the police to pick at

how hard is it to pull out the reflective backing? i agree they make them look way to busy but i dont want to paint mine, id rather just pull them out. just ordered my kit last night and about to prep my stock lights. any tips?

Hey i got a Mazda Protege 99! any idea where i can get coilovers for cheap or from what other car can i use them from?

Back