Mazdaspeed protege daily build 250 whp goal

Johnoolo

:
2003.5 mazda speed protg
Alright I would like some advice on parts and the how to for a 250 hp build
I already have hard pipes on the cold air intake a godspeed fmic waiting to be installed boost controller and boost guage factory exhaust

Opinions on piggy back ecu
should I get an aftermarket exhaust or will 3 inch piping high flow cat and stock muffler be good

what would a safe amount of boost be to reach 250 hp on stock internals

i havent heard of any MSPs reaching 250hp on stock internals. At the most (and that's iffy) you might be able to squeeze 210-220 on a stock block, intake and full exhaust at 8psi, but those rods are super delicate. Youre gonna have to build the motor eventually to achieve 220hp+.. I mean you can certainly do it on a stock internals but your engine would be short lived.

I'm planning to get get a short block got a buddy with one for 100 and pull a head from the junkyard and get forged internals have a machine shop check the head what do you think I could push on a forged motor reliably I've herd of people push 300 with the coolant housing cracking ? Could that just be from vibrations?

I've never heard of coolant housing cracking but I will be honest with you at 300whp you will probably start running into transmission breaking apart..

Never in my life have I heard of a coolant housing cracking. Whoever told you that does not know proteges.
There really isnt even anyway for it to crack, its not that close to anything

Alright that makes me feel a lot better are there any transmissions that can hold that power I want to make sure I want to continue with this build

not any transmission that I know off, your best bet is to get a reinforcement 5th gear plate that they were selling not too long ago on a gb, forged gears somehow, there is a gb right now for forged 3 4 5 th gears, beefier lsd, forged final drive and you should be fine. But the problem is finding these parts is hard nowadays and most require to be custom made

Honestly 250whp is enough and I would just focus the rest on suspension and brakes. This will make the car really fun to drive

get the 5th gear plate and you would have to be REALLY MEAN to your car to break the trans i should think. sounds to me like most trans failures happen when the shafts push apart. fix that problem and the factory gears should be just fine holding up to 250HP or even some more. sure, upgrade the dif, like most people have to, but $1000 gears prob not needed unless you drive like a 16 year old kid.
but if hp and straight line speed is your cup of tea, really you have the wrong car.
build on the corner speed.

I'm building my transmission at the moment. I'm running an mfactory diff and building it with the transmission plate. I'm hard on my car. I autocross my car, drag race it once or twice a year, and drive it hard on the roads. Road racing is extremely hard on on because of the load from accelerating and decelerating so much. I'm definitely going to put it through the test.

Corner speed it is then turning is always more fun then a straight line what should I lower it with or should I lower it all for performance not looks it will look a little better but I'm wondering performance is it worth a 2 inch drop

Please report on the trans logevity from that abuse with only those mods. That is exactly what I plan to put in my box.
Maybe we could get pope to.make us a stainless tranny case to solve the tweaking problem hah.

Please report on the trans logevity from that abuse with only those mods. That is exactly what I plan to put in my box.
Maybe we could get pope to.make us a stainless tranny case to solve the tweaking problem hah.

:) I have some thoughts on the transmission... I just need to get a car.

You don't need a car, just a tranny lol. Send me the invoice when you do. Msp getting p5 tranny for now.

What about a single runner intake manifold as apposed to stock. And my exhaust manifold is cracked do yall think the box turbo header will last for a while since it's 200 as u posed to 600 for new one

Back