Mazdaspeed Motorsports high performance driving event

Raynman

:
2004 Mazda 6S 5-door
Updated 7/11/08 Mazdaspeed Motorsports high performance driving event

UPDATE (7/11/08)
Everything is falling into place.

Pirelli is on board as a sponsor and they'll have some give-aways. Roar Racing and Meyer Motorsports are joining us with their KONI Challenge ST RX-8's, and we have received our budget from Mazdaspeed for the event.

So here is the information regarding the event. Please note, that this is subject to change.

When: October 11-12, 2008

Where: BeaveRun Motorsports Park

Time: 7:00AM-6:00 PM (tentative)

Cost: $150 (tentative)

If you are serious about attending, then please sign up ASAP so I can show Mazdaspeed Motorsports how many committed owners from Mazda forums we have. As far as price, we are certain that the cost will remain @ $150 for the event. I doubt that we will allow split days, as we will have more than enough participants at this point to fill the event. Remember, that the fee includes course instruction/coaching, breakfast, lunch and an event t-shirt as well. So let me start off by being the first to sign up.

1. Perro del Sol-Marlon
2. Raynman-Ray
3. Astral
4. Crazee D - Dan

-------------------
This was posted in NEPOC, but I feel that it's so awesome that it has to be shared with the rest of the community.

On behalf of Mazdaspeed Motorsports and their factory drivers, Marlon is organizing a Mazda high performance driving event for Mazda enthusiasts. Some of you guys probably know Marlon and me from the Mazdaspeed corrals that we set up for Mazda enthusiasts across the country. Once again, Mazdaspeed is stepping up in appreciation of its fans.

I just wanted to pass the word to you guys to gauge interest.

Click here if any of you are interested.

I have been approached by a few of Mazda's factory and Mazda team drivers to see if there is enough interest in having a high performance driving event in the Great Lakes Region. This event will be at Beaverun. Mazdaspeed Motorsports is behind this idea 110% and I am looking to see how much interest we can generate in our various communities.

Drivers like Michael Galati, Charles Espenlaub, Sylvain Tremblay, Nick Ham, Jason Saini, Jim Daniels, Chip Herr, Charlie Putman, just to name a few are willing to come out and coach and teach you about driving your car on a road course.

We are looking at a 2 day event, with breakfast and lunch being served, with an estimated cost of $150-$200 for the 2 day event. In addition, you get an event T-shirt. We are looking to do this around the middle/end of October or early November, depending on track availability.

If we pull this off, this will become a national event that will be held during Spring/Summer of 2009, with the country being divided up in to 3-4 different regions. So if you have a serious interest in learning how to drive on road courses from some of the best drivers, please contact me.

UPDATE: We're working with the track and it looks like the tentative dates are October 11-12. We're working on lodging as we speak. If you choose to do so, you can camp at the track for $10.

Talks are underway with obtaining Pirelli as a sponsor. Not sure what that might involve right now. It could be anything from "tire tech talk" with their R&D guys or the Pirelli girls showing up as models. :)

Last edited:
i am DEFINITELY interested. It's kinda far away, but I know it would be fun, and camping at the track sounds like a blast

Interested, i am near Lake Ontario but maybe a road trip is in order and the price sure is nice! If it doesn't work out for this year I will definitely schedule for 09. Great to hear of such an event. Best luck to all involved!

Bump for more attendees! Add your name to the list if you're seriously interested.

1. Perro del Sol-Marlon
2. Raynman-Ray
3. Astral
4. Crazee D - Dan
5. Tsunami
6. Forcefed

i am DEFINITELY interested. It's kinda far away, but I know it would be fun, and camping at the track sounds like a blast

Interested, i am near Lake Ontario but maybe a road trip is in order and the price sure is nice! If it doesn't work out for this year I will definitely schedule for 09. Great to hear of such an event. Best luck to all involved!

Add your names to the list?

negative, i rechecked the date, its the same weekend I'm running the baltimore marathon.... major bummer

More Info

Well, here is the latest update, we are looking to have a dealer contribute some cash for the track. We are also looking for some associate sponsors, which, I already have contacted a few.

I am also going to be contacting a few of the teams to see if their major sponsors will be able to lend a hand as well and possibly see if WC Vision will want to get involved as well.

We are going to try and have this wrapped up by the end of this month and proceed from there. We've had a lot of positive feedback and interest from all over the Mid-West, Northeast and East Coast as well.

So, I will have another update for you soon, as we are getting the ball rolling for you guys.

i would, but my bday is on the 14, dont know if im going anywhere yet, but i would be interested, but i dont like going to those things alone LOL i need to cruse with someone.

Back