Mazdaspeed miata w/hardtop

-20F + soft top + hating the cold = hardtop would be nice.

plus I wouldn't want to scrape ice off a soft top.. why risk damaging it

you talking about my car? you don't want this old thing ;)

I like it

miata14s5.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/nate0123/miata14s5.jpg

no comment on the "ass man" ;)

but yea, it has a front bumper...

miata14s2.jpg

the front looks better :p

damnit such cool cars.

and it's almost May.. that's the time every year that I go test drive a Miata.. and each year I get closer to trading my car for one, even though my car becomes more modded each year so it'd be a bigger loss.

The first year, I just looked at a few and talked with salesmen.. the next year, I test drove two.

Last may, I ran numbers on 97 with 40k miles and it would have been an even trade for my 02.5 P5 with at the time 55k miles.. I had the title in hand, ready to sign it over. I decided to not make such a rash decision and mulled it over that night.. didn't end up going back.

I'm afraid that if I go look at one this year I won't be able to stop myself. Luckily, I left the title with my mom so that I can't make such quick decisions about the fate of my car anymore ;)

Well mine is a 94 with 123k miles and body in fair condition, so if you offered a straight up trade I'd be a fool to turn you down.

Getting back on-topic. You can put a hartop from an 90-97 Miata on
98-05 Miata, but you'll need different latches I've read.

nah, you can use the stock latches. i've got a '99 w/ a hardtop for the 90 model.

now, the 2002 (and perhaps some newer model years) had a recall for latches that would eventually fail... so if you didn't get the repalcement latches, it would be a good idea to get them before driving any serious distance w/the hard top on... dont want your $1000 top flying off at speed. (not that you'd want your soft top to do that either, granted... )

I've been thinking about getting a used miata...it would be so nice to put the top down during the summer!

except car payment and insurance premiums FTL :(

Back