Mazdaspeed Miata on Fear Factor NOW!

sweet, i would have missed this if I weren't in CA! Since when did they start making MS Miatas?

MAZDASPEED MX-5!!! heh, they dropped the miata (or are trying to). It should be available this fall. :D

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
MAZDASPEED MX-5!!! heh, they dropped the miata (or are trying to). It should be available this fall. :D
MX-5? Whatever, it'll always be a Miata no matter what you call it. Anyway, I was excited when I heard the word MazdaSpeed and saw the Miata. It was the first time I've actually seen that car, but I've heard about it coming out since I first bought my MSP. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the body styling. I expected it to be kitted out more like the MSP, but it just looked like a stock Miata with some 5-star wheels. I just hope that Mazda did better with the Miata than they did with the MSP.

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
it was called the
MAZDASPEED MX-5 MIATA

at the autoshow and i have the license plate tag to prove it:p

Dexter said:
it was called the
MAZDASPEED MX-5 MIATA

at the autoshow and i have the license plate tag to prove it:p
That's kind of a long name, but that would make more sense to me.

yeah, the styling doesn't do anything for me. I've seen far better looking miata's. It's really REALLY understated, and while the wheels look nice, I think they could have chosen better ones as well.

But, it does get a REAL turbo, leather, among other things :( But again, Horsepower is low. To me, what's the point of a turbo if your still only getting less then 200 hp at the crank? Boost that b**** already! Jesus it's not like nobody has ever gotten more then 170hp from a miata before.

i bet the tourque numbers are around 200hp probably rather than the marginal difference on the msp.

Mazdaspeedgirl said:

This Fall? Try 6 weeks or so from now.. April somtime :)

178hp, 166 ft-lbs for those that were speculating

Mine'salready ordered and has been for months :)

It seems that the MSP was thrown together but the ms maita wasn't. The biggest change over the msp is the fact that the maita gets forced internals. So turning up the boost on the ms maita should be a problem with the engine. I got a question about the maita though. What is the highest psi on a stock maita with no internal or fueling changes made. I thought the 1.8 was bullet proof. As for as the power goes the car DOESN'T need to make big hp to go fast.

rx7gslse said:
This Fall? Try 6 weeks or so from now.. April somtime :)

178hp, 166 ft-lbs for those that were speculating

Mine'salready ordered and has been for months :)
Also it has a curb weight of just 2440lbs.

2440 divideby 178Hp= 13.70 (Power to weight Ratio).(wink)

Back