MazdaSpeed Miata Looks good to me!

I still don't like the stock hp and torque numbers on it compared to the Mazdaspeed Protege. They could have done a lot more!

MSP: (Pre-Flash) 170hp 160tq
MSM: 178hp 166tq

Mazdaspeed Miata is boosting 7.8 psi stock, the MSP is 6.9 stock.

I posted a thread last weekend about how I thought the numbers on this car were not all that great and people started posting threads saying "more than your car", "weighs 2100lbs"...blah, ...blah.

Fact of the matter is...take a Mazdaspeed Protege (post-flash), boost it up to 7.8 psi....sorry, gonna get more than 178hp and 166tq.

Not to mention that the Mazdaspeed Miata does not weigh 2100lbs, it weighs 2529lbs, 2948lbs w/ac. MSP 2843lbs, the Mazdaspeed Miata w/o ac is not that much lighter.

This is solely my opinion on the car... and for those couple of people who said i didn't have the numbers on the car...there they are, straight from Mazda's website, on both cars.

sorry, ive been away for a few days and forgot all about my post in this thread.

it actually wasn't in autoweek. it was in automobile. the issue with the new bmw 6 on the cover. sorry, my bad

SaaBaaDoo said:
I still don't like the stock hp and torque numbers on it compared to the Mazdaspeed Protege. They could have done a lot more!

I posted a thread last weekend about how I thought the numbers on this car were not all that great and people started posting threads saying "more than your car", "weighs 2100lbs"...blah, ...blah.

Fact of the matter is...take a Mazdaspeed Protege (post-flash), boost it up to 7.8 psi....sorry, gonna get more than 178hp and 166tq.

Not to mention that the Mazdaspeed Miata does not weigh 2100lbs, it weighs 2529lbs, 2948lbs w/ac. MSP 2843lbs, the Mazdaspeed Miata w/o ac is not that much lighter.

This is solely my opinion on the car... and for those couple of people who said i didn't have the numbers on the car...there they are, straight from Mazda's website, on both cars.

This car will blow away an MSP at 10lbs boost.

well...yeah! better turbo, intercooler...HOPEFULLY won't have the hesitation issue...

It's going to be a mean ass little car, especially once people start doing mods and increasing the boost! I think they could have really cranked it out for sales purposes though.

SaaBaaDoo said:

You're telling me that a/c adds 419 pounds to the weight of the Miata ?
That can't be right.
Are you sure that wasn't for an automatic or something ?
Is there an automatic offerred for the Miata, i've never seen one.
Not flaming you, just asking that's all.

that's what the .pdf said??? Doubt there is an auto offered. 419lbs for a/c does sound high though!

hahaha i think the weight that he posted must've been the gross weight w/ the maximum amount of people in it weighing 150 lbs. each and s*** in the trunk. a miata will never weigh more than an MSP. even if the numbers may seem insignificant, it's got RWD (more traction than a MSP), lighter, and a stronger gearbox. go figure. even if the MSP was boosting 7.8 psi, it wouldn't make a very big difference over the MSM

SaaBaaDoo said:

http://www.supercarstats.com/car/exotic-stats/mazda_miata_ls.shtml

2,387 Lbs curb weight. Please don't spread rumors when you dont know what you're talking about.

binary...I'm not spreading rumors, got the numbers straight off mazda's site for both car. And for not knowing what I'm talking about, how about you look up the numbers for the right ******* car. This is what I am talking about, I post numbers from the Manufacturer and people like you come along and post a gvw from a 1991 miata... :wtf:

trust me. a miata will never weigh more than what a protege will. protege has 2 extra doors, a larger trunk, larger body frame.

edit: he got the numbers for a 2001 miata. not much of a big difference from this year model'a

Back