MazdaSpeed Mazda 6, Turbo, 276hp, AWD **Updated Pics**

Newf said:
I don't care for a vented hood. That look is getting to be way overdone.

I don't care about some stun ass wing on the back, the one they have is good enough.

I do care about decent wheels, and those wheels are not impressive. I do care about having some simple ground effects on the bottom as it makes it different then a base 6 which is kinda resembles now. That car is obviously lowered, so I'm guessing that's why no side sills, but I want them anyways . The 6 with even the stock ground effects, and spoiler in the sedan/hatch is sexy sexy sexy. nothing overstated, just nice good sex :)

that above looks like a base model 6 with different wheels on it. not impressive.
My thoughts exactly you filthly LUMBERJACK!

newf, I totally agree with you. I'm also very disappointed look wise. The ass looks simply jacked, even more because of the dark accents around the exhaust. It just begs for a body kit. She wants a buddy body kit.

As for the wheels, whoever would try to market these would be bankrupt in no time.

But let see what happens...

Oh and as a side note too. They seem to really like this jacked up body kit less ass. Most of the pics of the rear accentuate the "feature" to the outmost.

Hmmm... I love the interior but I think they should use the 5door platform for the MS6. The 5doors IMO already look slick as hell add the awd, 6speed and new engine and you have a winner. This seems like Mazdas version of the R32. Just with some bad seats...

Last edited:
why is everyone bitching? The car looks hot for a wanna be lux car. If you don't like the body on it, buy one and put your own kit on it. If they put a kit on it from the factory, what fun would it be moding it out to be your own? everyone would be driving around with the same car! LOL for me, numbers look good, the price will prob too. leave the blaa interior alone so they done jack the price out for it. what fun is fixing a car up, if you get it from the factory that way? geesh LOL

RenzoMSP said:
It looks more luxiurious then sporty.
QFT.

The wheels need help, and that front grill is just ugly. I'm sure there will be some nice body kits out for it.

Understated ISN'T always bad!

Can you say "sleeper?" They could put some more ground effects on it, but now it only stands out to those people who know about the car. Everyone else thinks its a plain old 6....much to their dismay....LOL!

Just extended the lease on my wife's 2000 Protege SE until the MSP 6 is available in Canada. My dealer (apparently the largest volume MSP retailer in Canada) said that the car should be here in 5-6 months. They said that since they want to keep the car distinct from the RX8 (since both will be 4 door, 4 seat sports-oriented cars) it will be a bit less than the RX8 in price. His projected MSRP is $38000.00 CAN. Once it arrives, I'll have to pass the Jr MSP on to the wife so that I can drive the Sr MSP!

R
Newf said:
nice numbers.

But, boring

No ground effects? wtf? Looks like a plain silver 6 with a different rear bumper, and wheels. I know there's "more" , but they are so subtle, it's not noticeable.

I was expecting more cosmetically. But the rest sounds good. I liked so many things about the original MPS concept better.

Thank god they never stuck some hideous wing on it.

what's with the stereo?

Last edited:
The exterior looks Audi-like.....maybe they are trying to compete with euro sedans that offer that type of exterior styling....conservative and clean.

I'm not sure why everyone was expecting more "cosmetically." If you look at the MS version of the Miata, there's really no difference on the outside. Is there much difference between a MSP(03) and an MP3(02) or Pro5 (02/03)?

No one seem to notice that it now comes with the DVD/Navi system, which as far as I know is still not available on the Mz6.

to start bitching and whining over the stereo and gay ass ground effects is lame. Ground effects are for ricers. stereo , boo hoo, get a better one, put it in the glovebox and get some steering wheel controls, then cry yourself to sleep at night. how can you possibly be disappointed with THIS offering too...im so sick of this bull crap. Everyone hates on the MSP: not enough power, weak drivetrain, crappy clunk
Everyone hates on the MSM - not enough power, heavy wheels
Now everyones ******* hating on this effort too....s***. wheres the damn "not enough power" lamers...oh thats right, they'll be here in a little bit. The AWD is a big damn thing, dont you realize, its about DAMN time they brought some AWD action over here, and now we get it, but we're gonna b**** about some bad bumpers or side skirts or whatever. **** it, buy the Autoexe body kit, but a MS body kit. Eh, whatever, better yet, go buy a Subaru.

Amen, up here in this mo' fo!

^^ Mos' definitely brother! I backed out of a 2005 Subaru Legacy deal so that I could wait for this car. My wife isn't too happy she has to drive her 2000 Protege for another 5-6 months, but it will be worth the wait I am sure.

R

Dexter said:
to start bitching and whining over the stereo and gay ass ground effects is lame. Ground effects are for ricers. stereo , boo hoo, get a better one, put it in the glovebox and get some steering wheel controls, then cry yourself to sleep at night. how can you possibly be disappointed with THIS offering too...im so sick of this bull crap. Everyone hates on the MSP: not enough power, weak drivetrain, crappy clunk
Now everyones ******* hating on this effort too....s***. wheres the damn "not enough power" lamers...oh thats right, they'll be here in a little bit. The AWD is a big damn thing, dont you realize, its about DAMN time they brought some AWD action over here, and now we get it, but we're gonna b**** about some bad bumpers or side skirts or whatever. **** it, buy the Autoexe body kit, but a MS body kit. Eh, whatever, better yet, go buy a Subaru.

Its about time mazda stop makin show cars anway....and get back to the speed. most of mazdas newer cars look to pretty for me. the 6 looks great, cant wait till its release and hopefully ill be able to get one. most of the things that eeryone is complaining about will be changed or altered bymost ppl (ground effects - wheels - stereo)..

Dexter said:

I found you can never please anyone. People beg auto companies to make this or bring this over to the states knowing that they will never buy it. Or when the company does produce something for the enthusiasts they complain about every single thing. It should have this...it should have that. I don't like the way this works, blah blah blah. Just be happy that Mazda at least gave us another Mazdaspeed vehicle or at least gave us a more powerful, etc., Mazda 6. With all the complaining over the Protege, Miata, and now the 6 why should they do anything with the 3 or 8?

wow, i think ill trade my p5 in for it when its finally released.

this car is simply amazing, its so buetiful too!

BlueMonsta said:
Errr... what u posted is the concept, the 1st concept...
they changed it dramatically...

http://www.media.mazda.com/photolibrary/img/jpeg_l/E/jptas04_003l.jpg

http://www.media.mazda.com/photolibrary/img/jpeg_s/E/jptas04_004s.jpg

the gauges are different too... too bad i dun have a picture of it anymore..

go to www.media.mazda.com, sign up and view better pics

Sorta no...the pictures you posted are the A-spec version (possible US version). The pictures posted above is what Mazda released with their press release but noted as European version. I hope that didn't confuse anyone (hand)

First Ottawa MS6 - Februrary/March 2005

Spoke with my dealer today. He was at a meeting in Montreal to discuss the new Mazda products. This is the scoop on the MS6.

There will be 600 cars allotted for Canada. Sorry, don't know how many for the US. The cars are being manufactured in Japan and being shipped here. Production begins in January, shipping takes approx. 6 weeks. There will be 4 colours: red, lazer blue, black, silver. The black comes with pure black interior. The other colours come with grey and black interior. Ottawa, Ontario will get 8; 1 in February (from January production), 2 in March (from February production), 3 in April, and 4 in May.

I've already claimed the first one. The price will be between $37,000-40,000CAN. Since the V6 GT is $34,000CAN they have to make a bit of difference which is justified by the AWD. However, they can't make it too close to the RX8 price so $40000CAN is the max. Not sure what that is in USD, but I suspect it is around $28,000USD. The specs are as listed on the US site. AWD, 6 spd manual (no automatic offered), 276 HP, 280 ft-lbs tq, 18 in rims, 2.3L, 4 cyl turbo. Offered with leather and moonroof as an options package. Cloth is standard I believe. Think I will get me a black one!

He said that Mazda is considering pushing up production by one month so that the first cars might arrive in February. Just in time for a little 4-wheeling in the snow...LOL!

R

Back