mazdaspeed exhaust has arrived

i'm glad to see that mazda did'nt push them back again. i called mazda on monday to verify they would be released to the warehouses this week. mine should be here on monday, and i cant wait. with all good luck mine should be on monday night. check with your local mazda dealer to order. not very many to go around.

exhaust is 3 inch and beautiful. Ill post pics of it tomorrow installed late tonite. The sound at idle isnt much louder. It does have a little bit of growl to it especially if you goin fast in a low gear and let off gas. But much like the mazdaspeed suspension its performance over look/sound. I could really feel the power increase

Is there a resonator associated on the exhaust? I'm looking to go resonatorless but of course the muffler, I was looking possibly GHL.

Mspeed3 said:
exhaust is 3 inch and beautiful. Ill post pics of it tomorrow installed late tonite. The sound at idle isnt much louder. It does have a little bit of growl to it especially if you goin fast in a low gear and let off gas. But much like the mazdaspeed suspension its performance over look/sound. I could really feel the power increase

Sweet can't wait for pics and vids!!! (burnout)

Thats great so you can definitly feel a power difference with only the catbac...hurry up with those pics and vid!

i am new to this, but doesn't mazdaspeed3 comes with mazdaspeed exhaust? What's the different?

Is the MS exhaust just a simple unbolt the stock exhaust and bolt on the new? Two bolts and some hangers correct?

BSTD3 said:
Is the MS exhaust just a simple unbolt the stock exhaust and bolt on the new? Two bolts and some hangers correct?

not quite that easy but yea you have to cut the stock pipe right before the rear axle and then unbolt everything while trying to wiggle the hangers out of the rubber and then after all that fun you just bolt the new one right up.

stars.eg6 said:
not quite that easy but yea you have to cut the stock pipe right before the rear axle and then unbolt everything while trying to wiggle the hangers out of the rubber and then after all that fun you just bolt the new one right up.

So there is no way to remove the stock exhaust without cutting it?

That sounds 10x better then the other stuff I have heard around here. I think it sounds better then the CPE for sure and isnt as obnoxious.

Is there a noticable power increase at all?

Nice!

How much and where?

PS now take that gay s*** off the front end.

Last edited:
ill_eagle94 said:
There has to be a way to remove the stock exhaust without cutting it off. (dunno)

well if you dont want to do it the easy way this is how it goes.
"The service manual says you can remove it in one piece. To get it out in one piece the instructions say:
1) Remove the rear shock absorber lower bolts
2) Loosen the rear crossmember component installation bolts (6 locations) and lower the rear crossmember component approx. 70 mm {2.8 in.}.
3) Remove the main silencer."

Back