Mazdaspeed 6 gas Mileage

Newf said:
noticed today, again 430kms, but gas light was not on yet, just about I figured. First 100 were highway, ac on for at least 300of them.

Anyways, when I fill up, it only takes about 50-55 liters. Isn't this a 65 or 68L tank? If so that light comes on EARLY. My MSP did as well but now that early.

It's a 60L tank. The MSP was 55L.

look at that, the ms6 is 60L, whereas the Sedan, sport, and sport wagon are 68L. I guess the AWD takes up some space in the rear and there is less room for the tank?

Taking that into account, my MS6 is actually getting better mileage then my MSP or damn close to the same. My MSP was barely getting 400kms, and when I filled up, I was only putting in 45-50L a time.

I also drove my MSP harder so that makes a difference. I find with the MS6 I'm cruising more then tearing around town.

Newf said:
my first tank was not so good. 460kms total. The first 300km was all highway, and since I was watching for moose and what not, I was typical around 100kph or even at 70 at times. What scares me is how fast it went around town. Once it passed the half tank mark I could watch the needle move as I drove. This car is kind of at the top of my budget as it is, if gas becomes an issue I'll be looking for someone to take over my lease. I'd hate to do that as I love the car dearly otherwise. I'm just afraid of what it'll cost in the winter to operate.

Wait till the salt eats away your brakes, You'll be spending quite a bit.

Rawyzf said:
I am getting on avg 25-26 mpg with the MS6. The MSP was 26-28 usually.

Damn. What a big range of mpgs we have here...

I'm getting 19-21 regularly. Mostly back and forth to work at 75-80mph on the Long Island Expressway. I wonder if I kept it down to 65 on a tank if I could get better mileage? I have never seen a tank at 22 or above. Sometimes I wish 6th was just a bit higher...

FlipandFunk said:
i got less then 240miles on 2 tanks since i bought it. Alot of city driving and some fun.

wow...less than 240?

I don't think I have go less than 330 or 340 out of a tank yet!

J dragon said:
Rawyzf you also got a CAI that does make a difference

I am testing milage right now with the CAI, I haven't had to fill up since installing it. I should this weekend, I'll post results.

I just ran a full tank through my MS6 and I averaged 24.867mpg about half highway (No Cruise Control 70-80mph) and half city/country driving pretty hard. I'm usually still in 3rd at 50 mph. :)

Mine has been consistent since I got it. She's sitting at 250kms right now at just over half a tank. It's the same way every week.

As for the salt eating at my brakes....no salt used on roads here.

Hmm... don't we have a 16 gallon tank? I just put in 14.886 gallons in, and the tank was just about on E.

Anyways, my first tank too me 292 miles. 50/50 I think.

Oh... premium 93 was down to $2.84. whoohoo!

FlipandFunk said:
i got less then 240miles on 2 tanks since i bought it. Alot of city driving and some fun.
I only get around 250 Miles but I do live on the top of a mountain.

I'm from Vancouver, and with only 3200KM on it right now. I think I can get a little over 500km in City Driving. I have to deal with Rush Hour Bumper to bumper traffic every morning (going down Nordel Rd, if anyone knows). Good thing is that it is down hill.

However, its hard to do that, when I want to feel my turbo kick in. Who doesn't?

zoomzoomspd6 said:
I'm from Vancouver, and with only 3200KM on it right now. I think I can get a little over 500km in City Driving. I have to deal with Rush Hour Bumper to bumper traffic every morning (going down Nordel Rd, if anyone knows). Good thing is that it is down hill.

However, its hard to do that, when I want to feel my turbo kick in. Who doesn't?

wow, I can't imagine getting 500km out of city driving....to get that I'd have to keep it in neutral and push it to work lol.

I could probably get 500kms in town if I wanted. But I'd be really pushing her. I wouldn't try it without a gas tank in the trunk.

My last tank the light came on at 405kms. Worse tank yet.

ottawaP5 said:
wow, I can't imagine getting 500km out of city driving....to get that I'd have to keep it in neutral and push it to work lol.

Well it's getting worse and worse. I'm lucky to get a little over 400km on it now. I swear i'm not driving as fast as before. I put it in neutral while i'm going down the hill to work in bumper to bumper traffic.

I also haven't driven it til the tank light has come on recently though. So maybe I can push it a bit more. I've been refilling whenever I get to around a 1/4 tank.

Back