mazdaspeed 6 dyno

coyfish

Hey guys for christmas im getting an intercooler so I wanted to dyno my car before. I don't know if its just me but I have always thought my car got slower when I installed my CAI. Only mod where I actually felt a difference so far was my test pipe. I have this scary feeling my car will be like slower than stock. Hopefully its in my head.

Anyway I took my test pipe off and im dyno'ing with only a CAI / bpv. If anyone has dyno'd their cars with just a CAI or stock could you please let me know your numbers. Or just list your mods and what #'s you ran. I know all dyno's are different but i just want some ballpark figures. Thanks for any help!

I got the fujita intake on my car and i swear it couldnt of been this slow when it was stock.

I think its a tuning issue though, because the ecu is not metering the air correctly. also having an airbox helps throttle response , more volume of air hanging out waiting for you to gun it (close to the throttle body)

I cant wait to get my Cobb AP and load the stage 1 fu cai intake and see what happens. if i dont like what i see, im ditching it for a SRI.

Ive heard the FMIC kits not only lower the tempature of the intake charge, but also unchoke airflow. many people have seen 3psi boost increase after a FMIC, so i think it should be a good power adder.

Pretty good numbers, I have no dynos around here me and honestly dont have the cash anyway. I was lucky enough to even get a Cobb Ap.

i know this is about a month old but coyfish did you ever dyno your car? I also felt like after i installed the MS CAI my car was slower than stock. I just recently dyno'ed my car with the stage 2+MSCAI map for the AP and i put down 255 HP and 260 TQ on a mustang dyno. Im gonna try the stage 1 map and redo the dyno because i was getting some detonation on 2 of the pulls.

Na decided not to. I would have to dyno before and after the IC and that would cost me like 150 bucks which I would rather spend on something else. 255 whp on a mustang dyno with ur mods seems right. Mustang dyno's usually a little lower.

Latest posts

Back