Mazdaspeed 3 with single exhaust?

:
2008 TR Mazdaspeed 3
I was wondering if anyone had ever thought of swapping the rear valance from an MS3 for one from a JDM or other 2.0 MZ3 hatch with the single outlet. I have also seen both catbacks from both cars and it looks, from pics, as if the 07-09 CBE will bolt up fairly well to the 2010 with little modification needed. If not, then a custom CBE with only one outlet. Just asking because I really prefer the single exhaust outlet on 4-cylinder cars, and I don't like the style of muffler on the 2010 MS3. This also provides a good reason to black out the rear valance (which looks MUCH better IMO).

Single outlet valance:
2010_mazda3_hatch.jpg

MS3 Dual outlet valance:
112_0904_08z+2010_mazda_mazdaspeed3+rear_closeup.jpg

07-09 Stock MS3 CBE:
msexhaust002.jpg

2010 Stock MS3 CBE:
4jkia.jpg

I wonder what effect it will have on the exhaust flow and back-pressure on the motor...

On an MS3? Flow might be different, if anything, better, because the exhaust does not have to flow through a chambered muffler, just two bottle style resonators and a baby oval "muffler" which is actually a straight through resonator.
Backpressure is not an issue in turbocharged cars, the exhaust that leaves the car comes from the downpipe off of the turbocharger. Opening up the exhaust can only help the turbo spool up to a higher psi and faster, so the motor doesn't loose any backpressure.

Back