Mazdaspeed 3 motor swap into a 2

:
CWP MAZDA MAZDASPEED3 2012, CWP SKYACTIVE 6MT SEDAN 2012
Ok I have searched all over and I cant find any through info on doing a Mazdaspeed 3 swap into a Mazda 2 like mazda did for sema. I got my start with Hondas in the mid 90's with GSR swaped CR-x si to my 08 K20 Swaped fit. Since I know that this swap can be done i want to find out how. I have the access to what ever I would need from either car just need to know the specifics on the parts list. Example "mounts , axels , engine management, harness, etc.." I cant see this swap costing more then it does to swap a k20 into a honda. Any and all help with this would be greatly appriciated..(drive)

Autobarn Mazda in Illinois did the swap. I know that they had to go with a custom suspension setup to hold onto the speed3 drive-train.

Somebody should try to drop a rotary engine into a 2. I might try it once the 1.5 wears out.

Somebody should try to drop a rotary engine into a 2. I might try it once the 1.5 wears out.

lol ive thought about this. my friend has an 8 and is on his 3rd engine and wants to finally get a ls swap and i thought about taking his newer engine.

way more hp and way more tork. if it wasnt unreliable (in a sense of gas/oil apex seal guzzling) id love it. but not on my DD. =[ a renesis 2 would be awesome....

Ok I have searched all over and I cant find any through info on doing a Mazdaspeed 3 swap into a Mazda 2 like mazda did for sema. I got my start with Hondas in the mid 90's with GSR swaped CR-x si to my 08 K20 Swaped fit.

I did the exact same swap to my 91 Honda CRX Si. Went from 108hp to 160hp if i remember correctly. A...M...A...Z...I...N...G! I remember that first drive after the install like it was yesterday. Never will forget that day. The smile on my face and my friend's were priceless. This is one of the reasons i bought a Mazda2 in the first place. Reminds me of the CRX Si. Very similar. Dropping a Mazdaspeed3 engine in there will be amazing.

Since I know that this swap can be done i want to find out how. I have the access to what ever I would need from either car just need to know the specifics on the parts list. Example "mounts , axels , engine management, harness, etc.." I cant see this swap costing more then it does to swap a k20 into a honda. Any and all help with this would be greatly appriciated..(drive)

So you think you can do this 100%? You know I'm going to talk to you about his when i see you! haha

What would be the cost of the swap though?

Last edited:
Back