Mazdas247 Mazda of the Month | March

Took us about 6 hours to tear the 03 interior out entirely and tear the 00 interior apart and then install the 03 interior. Its not that bad.

I love it! You did everything right. It still looks like a regular Protege, but with a ton TON TON of goodies. This is how I like cars to be modded. You did so many little things to really make it custom and personalized, yet to the untrained eye it still looks stock.

Take it off any sweet jumps?

Dope! i wish the straight neck was easy to put in the 1st gen.

I need to finish gathering all my parts and source a ecu, vaf, harness so i can start and finish mine.

Congrats

Thanks everyone. The car is always changing in little and big ways each year. In the next few weeks we should be getting to the 5-lug swap with MZ6 front brakes and 626 rear brakes. Along with that will come new wheels!

Awesome work. That's a lot of research and work in doing the engine swap. What a sleeper car you have.

So does this mean you will be upgrading the rears to disc brakes from drum bakes? Kinda hard to see in the pics if you have drum brakes. Please def. create a thread for that since it's something I'd like to do with my wife's '99 1.5L Familia here in Japan.

Yes I will be swapping to rear Disc brakes. The Fronts will be 07 Mazda 6 v6 brakes and the rears are 98 626 brakes

Latest posts

Back