Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

Here a few pic of the rear:
null-10.jpg

null-11.jpg

The rear would fit easily.

Pics of front on 17x9 +36 235/40/17 Brake clearance (caliber to inside of wheel) aproxx 44mm. Wheel to strut aproxx 9mm
null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

I'm not 100% sure if it would fit on the 235(more like not gonna happen lol), maybe a 225. I will try to compress the suspension over the next few days with it on and see what happens. Its freaking freezing here. As for turning its clear both ways. Will also get fender clearance then as well.

Pics of front on 19x8.5 +35 Brake clearance (caliber to inside of wheel) aproxx 51mm. Wheel to strut aproxx 17mm. Threw this on just to compare since it was close by.
null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-2.jpg

null.jpg

Plenty of space everywhere with these on.

Toyo, thanks for taking the time and for all the info and pictures...! This helps me alot in trying to make my wheel selection...!
what tire size on the 19 x 8.5's...? I think I like the looks of the 8.5's better on the front.

Last edited:
No problem. Got to busy (damn month end crap). Im pretty sure is 225/35/19, I'll confirm when i get home. Yup the 8.5 looks better on the front. I have a 17x8 +37 to try on the front as well. The 9 would need maybe a 40-42 offset to fit up front without a mass of fender work and or a very stretched tire.

18"X9" ET35 all around, fender rolled and pulled by me of course. :D

That was before i drop her another 1.5 inches :D
100_0556.jpg

100_4027.jpg

100_4025.jpg

PhotoCalendrierfinal.jpg

I think theres more space on the old body style under the fenders. I'll post pics when 'im back to a computer but the 17x9 +37 235/40 with the suspension compressed touches the sliding door.

I think theres more space on the old body style under the fenders. I'll post pics when 'im back to a computer but the 17x9 +37 235/40 with the suspension compressed touches the sliding door.

With my old set-up i was around 1mm from touching the sliding door, you have to put some neg.camber in the rear.

With my old set-up i was around 1mm from touching the sliding door, you have to put some neg.camber in the rear.

Venom, what size tire were you running on your Deceptions...? On your old setup, did you have camber plates in the front and adjustable links in the rear...?

Tires: 215/40-18 all around
No camber plates, and no ajustables link kit in the back, no need for that.

Finally a decent shot of my 5, along with the new wheels I took home with me from Japan.

8440819556e39292a6c5o.jpg

More details to come.

82087539439060399136416.jpg

And another shot.

The wheels are Wed Mavericks 405s, bought straight from japan, custom ordered wheels. I shipped them on the plane home with me after my trip to the tokyo auto salon, so shipping was super cheap.

Sizes are as follows, if you have been following my posts:

20x8.5 +44 S-Lo disk for the front
20x8.5 +35 S-Lo disk for the rears

- You cant fit anything larger than 8.5 without risking the rim hitting the strut housing and fender in the front with a particular offset. You need to use at least a 45-47+ offset w/ 8.5 width wheels on the front to avoid the strut housing. If you run anything lower than the offset I'm using, youll start hitting the bumper tabs if you're low enough. Even if you're not low enough to hit, bumps and dips in the road will make you hit them anyway. I was already hitting bumper tabs, but I had the bumper tabs shaved off completely, and are now being held on by zip ties. You cant tell unless you look under. The bumper no longer gets pushed out when I air out or drive.

- You cant fit anything larger than 8.5 in the rear if you're trying to tuck the wheel and tires. Anything larger than the sizing I specified, and youll hit the fender well on the lower areas of the arch. If you want to push out the wheel a bit more when trying to tuck, 1 or 2 more millimeters should be ok, but youll be resting the fender arches on the wheel and tire.

- You cant camber more than a certain amount of degress using adjustable arms if you're trying to tuck wheel with air suspension. You'll hit the shock housing as well.

- If you're going low, you need to trim the bumper tabs.

- If youre trying to go "HELLAFlush," you can use a 9" width wheel, which should push it out about 6mm more (from a 8.5" width wheel), and it should mate the wheel to the fender. Adjust accordingly using camber arms, and you will need to camber. You will have to TRIM the bumper tabs, but they can stay relatively there.

- If youre trying to poke, obviously, go with a 9.5" width wheel. Have fun with hitting the sliding door. Youll need to camber to make it work though, but youll have to run a massive amount of camber to make the wheel and tire flush with the fender, or you'll poke. Also, you WILL be rubbing, even with rolling the fenders. the bumper tabs stick out too much on the rear that it will rub without being shaved.

No one really plays around with these cars too much in terms of stancing the car out, even more so the japanese bloggers I frequently visit. So i took a gamble and it plays out really well. I guess you can say most of the success was from playing around with the wheel fitments that I had on the mazda5 previously.

I am on AirREX suspension, so measurements need to be accurate to the millimeter to make everything fit.

Last edited:
Here's a picture guide for those going for fitment. (Keep in mind the model of my car. This may not pertain to the new generation 2012 mazda5). I gathered pictures from this thread, so thanks to those who posted.

My old set up. Front: 19x8.5 +45. Rear: 19x8.5 +35
29313910151014966730793.jpg

trdkamuri510's old set up: Front: 18x8.5 +32 Rear: 18x9.5 +32
IMG_1817.jpg

trdkamuri510's OLDER setup: No specs on offset But 18x9.5 all around.
IMG_0940.jpg

QCoffey's old set up: Front: 19x8 +35 Rear: 19x9.5 +40
M5rearwheel.jpg

18"X9" ET35 all around, fender rolled and pulled by me of course. :D

That was before i drop her another 1.5 inches :D
100_0556.jpg

100_4027.jpg

100_4025.jpg

PhotoCalendrierfinal.jpg

Damn venom....

I love those wheels. what are they and can I get them a little more "fit" friendly?

great in the super bright yellow!

Hey guys! I was wondering if some Konig Daylite, 17x7 40mm offset would fit a Mazda5 ok? I would plan on doing :

With white 5 : Gold rims with red calipers OR black rims w/yellow lip and yellow calipers
With red 5 : Gold rims with black calipers

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back