Mazda5 vs. Protege5

Mazda5owner said:
why the heck are you racing with a 5? It's a minivan =p

that was the fun part... they see a sliding door and think uhmm i can mess with this dude in a minivan.. but to their surprise... this dude is keeping up with me... (but to clear it up i don't race it or drive it stupid with my kids with me) just for fun, to see the look on their faces..(omg)

not to start any war with the protege owners, they are slow.... almost anything can smoke em.. there was even a time, true story, the small $19.99 uhaul truck beat it... this was when i was a honda dude (still is don't get me wrong)... and i was there i was a passenger in the truck... from light to light i think we got it by a fender... it was pretty funny.(peep)

Last edited:
I used to drive a 5MT Protege5 and now I drive a 4AT Mazda5. The Protege5 would totally own the Mazda5 with just driving in everyday city traffic. It just takes a downshift and a blip of the throttle and I have immediate access to engine power. The Mazda5 4AT's throttle responsiveness is no match for a 5MT P5.

But I did it for the wife who wants to drive our 4AT.

Puckpimp71 said:
The 5 speed in the 5 shifts like a dream. I love it.
I wish I could find a short shifter and some stiffer bushings, because I think the 5 shifter is looser and sloppier than a 42 year old Vegas *****.

I've tried to search, but I can't spell in Japanese.

Can't say I've dealt with that. All the ones I drive are brand new, but that 1-2 shift is smooth like butter. Triple cone synchros ftw

Back