Mazda5 One day old already in shop!!!

CRISPY5 said:
That's cool.... Your Tribute is a 3rd year product, thus the lack of service required along my line of thinking....... Bummer you had a problem, kudo's that it took that long to have one though....

I just thought you were trying to make a point, and I didn't get it.... (braindead

I really love this Mazda5, but it would be just that much better if it had a flip up hatch window like your Tribute.... Why most SUV's have them, but Minivans don't is totally beyond my comprehension... I had a '94 Villager that had a back glass that opened, and I used it all the time for hauling lumber and long things.... Without it, the whole freaking hatch has to be open like on my Protege5.... I'd pay $500 if it were an option... Get more use out of that than my stupid sunroof.....

Later.
alright, i apologize for that i just was a little pissed.. (cool)

the mazda dealer just called and told that the car was ready for pickup, (yippy) (rockon) a harness was fried and blew some fuses, i will be picking it up tomorrow... the car has 40k miles, thank god it happened before the warranty was out

Last edited:
CRISPY5 said:
I really love this Mazda5, but it would be just that much better if it had a flip up hatch window like your Tribute.....
I totally agree, if the back glass lifted out that'd be awesome. I don't know how they'd do the rear wiper though. Mount it at the top or have it come of of the hatch and drop below the glass when parked I guess ?

the_saint said:
I totally agree, if the back glass lifted out that'd be awesome. I don't know how they'd do the rear wiper though. Mount it at the top or have it come of of the hatch and drop below the glass when parked I guess ?
the wiper motor lifts with the glass, if you want i'll get pics tomorrow when i get my car back

solid_snake said:
the wiper motor lifts with the glass, if you want i'll get pics tomorrow when i get my car back
Is it at the top or the botom of the glass? I would think if it was at the bottom it would be too heavy.

the_saint said:

All those SUV's have rear wipers too though... Some on top, some on the bottom.... I would just like to know why it is the thing to do on a SUV, but not a Minivan?? My '94 villager had a wiper, it was on the hatch below the window, but the overlap was so smooth, the blade just went up and across the gap to the window....

If you get right down to it, what is the difference between the two kinds of vehicles?? Three rows of seats.... lots of room..... 2wd or 4wd available on either (some brands).... All of them have a rear hatch too....... Why the difference between models for such a convienient option? It's like if only red cars can have power windows, and only blue cars can have cruise control... dumb...

I just don't get it?????????????? (dunno)

the motor is behing the wiper, i will take a pic of the other side tomorrow when i go pick the car up
Resize%20Wizard-112.jpg

pho_gallery_TRB_ext9_popup.jpg

in this pic you can see the wiper motor on the glass

Last edited:
CRISPY5 said:
All those SUV's have rear wipers too though... Some on top, some on the bottom.... I would just like to know why it is the thing to do on a SUV, but not a Minivan?? My '94 villager had a wiper, it was on the hatch below the window, but the overlap was so smooth, the blade just went up and across the gap to the window....

If you get right down to it, what is the difference between the two kinds of vehicles?? Three rows of seats.... lots of room..... 2wd or 4wd available on either (some brands).... All of them have a rear hatch too....... Why the difference between models for such a convienient option? It's like if only red cars can have power windows, and only blue cars can have cruise control... dumb...

I just don't get it?????????????? (dunno)
here is a better pic of the window and wiper motor

37_4.JPG

Back