Mazda3 Stalling ...

you went 54k without a problem, that's really good. At 60k you should do you first major service, i.e. timing chain,coolant flush,tranny flush etc.

Reyan ... I have people in my family who own corolla and camri their cars are around 100K and they never had a single problem .....they brought new brand too and they were against my decision when I was buyign mazda3 ...and now they laugh at me -

I spoke to my friend who has a sedan mazda 3 purchased at the same time I did ..his car showed engine light on 30K and he had to replace some part too ...that makes me think is there an issue with mazda3??????? Were my friends right when they told me not to buy mazda?????

it's not like the engine or tranny was blow, it's a sensor and as with everything they go after sometime. The reason you bought a Mazda over a toyota is because you didn't want to drive a boring car. My friend have a 1994 corolla with 175k and it runs perfect never had a problem, he also have a 2003 Sequioa with 56k and the tranny has already taken 2 craps. Every car breaks at some point and the recommended service for the Mazda is every 3k and you've been going every 5k. The only reason I can see why you go every 5k is because your'e probably using Syntethic oil.

Reyan:

Yes, I use synthetic ... and agree ...toyota do not think about the young guys and their interior is basic ..I dont enjoy it ...as compared to mazda.

my other car is 93Corolla with 120K ...I will get rid of it next year ...I am not sure what to buy ...I am thinking of G35 Nissan 2 door.

if you get a G35 make sure it's bone stock, unless your buying it new, I really like those car's. I think they have a really great drive train, nissan uses that set up in all of it's car's.

i dont like the new one ...I think I will look at some old ones with low clicks on it. are there any recalls or issues with that model?

Bone Stock???

i have also noticed from the day one that my car takes a while to heat up when I turn on the heater in winter .... and takes time to cool when I turn on the AC in summer ..... I dont like that.

That's because in the Mazda 3 the evaporator in the A/C is to small for the U.S. the cars made in Japan and Europe do not face the temps. we get here is the U.S. If you ever seen the Audi's and VW their buttons on the instrument cluster peels off.

Reyan ... I have people in my family who own corolla and camri their cars are around 100K and they never had a single problem .....they brought new brand too and they were against my decision when I was buyign mazda3 ...and now they laugh at me -

I spoke to my friend who has a sedan mazda 3 purchased at the same time I did ..his car showed engine light on 30K and he had to replace some part too ...that makes me think is there an issue with mazda3??????? Were my friends right when they told me not to buy mazda?????

do u have Indian friends lol,.,.,.

it's not like the engine or tranny was blow, it's a sensor and as with everything they go after sometime. The reason you bought a Mazda over a toyota is because you didn't want to drive a boring car. My friend have a 1994 corolla with 175k and it runs perfect never had a problem, he also have a 2003 Sequioa with 56k and the tranny has already taken 2 craps. Every car breaks at some point and the recommended service for the Mazda is every 3k and you've been going every 5k. The only reason I can see why you go every 5k is because your'e probably using Syntethic oil.

There are other countries that exist besides the United states. 5000 KMs is approximately 3100 MILES. Service intervals are called for every 8000 kms (use schedule 2 in the owners manual for Canada), so 5000km interval changes are fine.

Anyways, to the OP I think it's just bad luck your MAF died right after warranty.
As someone mentioned you may be able to reuse the same MAF if it is just dirty and needs to be cleaned.

There are other countries that exist besides the United states. 5000 KMs is approximately 3100 MILES. Service intervals are called for every 8000 kms (use schedule 2 in the owners manual for Canada), so 5000km interval changes are fine.

Anyways, to the OP I think it's just bad luck your MAF died right after warranty.
As someone mentioned you may be able to reuse the same MAF if it is just dirty and needs to be cleaned.

s***, thank's for heads up. I never realized there was other countries besides the U.S. lol. Thanks for the metric/standard conversion lesson. You are an asset to the forum.

i have also noticed from the day one that my car takes a while to heat up when I turn on the heater in winter .... and takes time to cool when I turn on the AC in summer ..... I dont like that.

because its cold in winter ... and hot in the summer .. .lol
turn on the a/c in winter time and it should get cold fast!

just messing with ya ... check your freon pressure in the A/C if it does not get cold enough ...

Last edited:
same thing happened to me, I just got a new filter because mine was dirty and cleaned the mass air sensor and it works great.
a new air filter is cheap. try cleaning the MAS before getting it replaced, I thinks its around 100 dollars for a new one

Last edited:
Im having very same issue when I have driven the car for about 35-40 mins and Im at a stop light or stop it does like a rumble or choke and 4 times now it stalled, I put it in park and then start the engine again...The dealer says there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it.... mine only has about 55,000 Km on it -- Im beside myself because this car turned out NOT to be as reliable as the reviews had promised... maybe it's time to call Mohamad on City Pulse---- LOL

Change your dealer, try changing the fuel filer and cleaning out the fuel lines to me it seems like you ran your tank too low and pulled the crap from the bottom of your tank so your not getting the flow of gas you need to the injectors.

Back