Mazda3 Pop-up Navigation

[/QUOTE]If you're looking for a pop up navigation system however you're not SOL. You can get THIS from www.thexenonstore.com (I'm sure other places as well) and hook a Garmin GVN52 GPS receiver into it. Viola! you have a flip up LCD screen with a GPS unit connected, and you can plug in a DVD player, etc. to the other inputs. It's plug and play and just connects into the HU harness for power.[/QUOTE]

FYI the GVN52 has been discontinued. This link is for the GVN53
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=10573

yeah the stock navi took some work to get used to. I would've preferred it as a touchscreen but oh well. I am just waiting for Sony to come up with a slim ps3 and I'll be all over that. Another next mod for me would be to add a channel to listen to mp3 via thumbdrive or memory card. Should be easy enough if I can just get my lazy ass to install it.

Hmmmmm...decisions, decisions...

What is there to think about? A touch screen that looks stock or the flip up that looks stock but you have to use a remote? And I'm pretty sure the flip up would end up costing more in the long run then the touch screen. I don't think it's a hard decision at all.

: D

I prefer the pop-up vs. in dash but it's a decision since one is what I want and the other is cheaper...

i would actually get a new double din and get a touchscreen and forget about the flip up. Sometime the flip up when you are watching a movie cops can see you, but if you have your TV/DVD lower they can't.

i would actually get a new double din and get a touchscreen and forget about the flip up. Sometime the flip up when you are watching a movie cops can see you, but if you have your TV/DVD lower they can't.
(rofl2)(hah)(rlaugh) I don't think cops around here will care, but it is a good thing to note.

i always think in the long run the double din will last longer than the flip up..espeically if you are in a sunny place all the time like I am.

Yea, you're probably right on that one but I just don't feel like people aren't going to care as much to try and break into my car to steal it if it looked like it was stock ya know?

(hail from the bay!!! maybe not as sunny as so cal, but pretty friggin' sunny to me...too sunny)

Thanks you for finding that for us all but it's...well, really ugly. i was trying to preserve the natural beauty and essence of my car but that kinda kills anything on the dashboard.

thats actually pretty cool what you found there for people that don't want to spend as much. I had never seen that, so props for the find!

Glad to see someone bought the car advanced setup and used magden like I was considering at one point!

My only problem with the caradvanced unit is, the resolution of the screen is extremely low quality. I e-maild them asking if they're going to change that any time soon and they said no. Damnit.

Glad to see someone bought the car advanced setup and used magden like I was considering at one point!

My only problem with the caradvanced unit is, the resolution of the screen is extremely low quality. I e-maild them asking if they're going to change that any time soon and they said no. Damnit.

Yeah, I was a little worried about the resolution, but the gauges are easily readable, and when I get Magden to get a color that matches our interior better, they should look even better. I cant imagine a dvd would look very good on it though. I will know about the Nav in a couple of months, and let everyone know how it looks. What I would really like to know, or find out is how easy,or hard it would be to replace the lcd it comes with one that is better quality. Someday maybe !!

Last edited:
Pop-Up is better IMO because of the whole thief thing, its harder for them to see you got a navi there than the always in view double din, just last week they stole my Magellan 4250 right infront of my house...in my driveway...so hell to the no I wont get a double din for them to take too, i just wouldnt be able to sleep...(braindead

Back