Mazda3 Pop-up Navigation

If you are in Northern VA area I will install it for free. I want to see how the quality and the GUI is. Also is the gps hard drive or discs??

You should vaction to Destin, Florida! Hint Hint!

I believe the e-mail my parents got when they ordered it the first time it said hard drive? I'm not sure though.

Dang that thing is sweet. for $1250, if I didn't have the stock one, I'd be all over it.

That being said, I love the stock one. I keep it flipped down 90% of the time, but it's never failed me, and I actually LIKE that it's not touch screen. the controls are right next to the stick, where my hand is anyway. I've never been happier to add $1500 to the price of my car.

all you need is an update disk. simple fix.

I just like the fact that most people don't even know I have navigation. the factory one is stealth 2 tha max.

Oh no sorry, I ment like the screen and the maps just looked dated. I have a MIO digiwalker GPS and I love it no one has ever heard of it but it works great and the bluetooth on it is pretty good too it's really thin and has a huge screen compaired to some TomToms I didn't get a GT because all the ones on the lot had a GPS system and I didn't like it. It works yes but it looks odd to me. My parents always had new cars though and they always got the top of the line with EVERYTHING and the GPS didn't match some of those and I was a spoiled brat I know.

all you need is an update disk. simple fix.

I just like the fact that most people don't even know I have navigation. the factory one is stealth 2 tha max.
So, is there an update disk available? I've been searching around and can't find it, even for lots of $$. My data base is like 4 years old. Annoying.

idk mine works fine. I'd imagine the disk has reorder information on it, or at least clues as to where you can find a new one. if not, the dealer should know.

So, is there an update disk available? I've been searching around and can't find it, even for lots of $$. My data base is like 4 years old. Annoying.

The '08 update should have come out in September (prior to that there wasn't an update since '05). Check with your dealer.

The '08 update should have come out in September (prior to that there wasn't an update since '05). Check with your dealer.
Yup, I found it is available, thank you. List price $264! I ordered one from OnlineMazda for $211, still way overpriced, but I guess it's the price you gotta pay for an updated database.

dont trust mazda navadgation it has gotten me lost twice. one me and a caravan were going to myrtle beach SC entered the adress the zip and the city and it took me to the city/ beach just south of it i think it was south beach

if I didn't have the stock Navi I would totally go with the aftermarket touchscreen, but since my car came with the navi, I decided to do this instead.

dvd%20from%20qd.jpg

DVD

IMG00012.jpg

Dvd Unit

IMG00010.jpg

Navi

IMG00011.jpg

TV

IMG00013.jpg

Receiver

~JoJo~!!!
DAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!! Me likey, me sploogy, me get new pants....
(still secretly want the stock system the most)

it was done professionally and for about 1k. It has dvd/tv/navi function but I think starting 2009 everything will be digital so the tv part would work anymore.

So I bought my 3 about 4 and a half months ago with everything on it but navigation. I finally have realized that navigation is the one thing I don't have that I would really want to get installed or install it myself.

Now I want to know from anybody who has used it or has it, how it is using it and how smooth it is when the map is on, basically every aspect of the system and where I might be able to get one (without going to the dealer and paying their ridiculous price) and install it myself???
Thanks all!

I bought the 7" flip-up screen from http://www.caradvanced.com/categories/Mazda-3/

I emailed them to make sure they had one in stock, and they replied later that day. Got it last night, and installed it with some Magden gauges I got from a guy on this forum. Caradvanced also has a nav unit for $490 that works with this flip up lcd. So for $1140 you can add a flip-up nav system that looks like stock, but uses a remote for the nav instead of the buttons by the shifter.

IMG_0642.jpg

Back