Mazda2 Exhaust noise? *Videos uploaded

Hi all,

I am having this vibration/buzzing sound when I accelerate and it ONLY happens at 1500 RPM. I have spent two weeks looking through forums/ google and trying to get people to give me advice and to no avail with a fix.

I have spent weekends looking at the tailgate and trim etc, but a couple who have sat in the car with me think it’s the exhaust breaking down. I’ve looked under there and the heat shield is fine. Exhaust is rather rusty and the car has done 168 thousand miles on the original exhaust?! Heat shield fine and loads of clearance etc

If you listen carefully in the video attached you’ll hear the noise now and again throughout, but especially right at the end of the video. It’s like a vibrating buzzing noise. Ignore the banging around and other slight noises, the road I was on was shocking but you’ll notice the specific noise in the video. I still personally think it’s to do with something in or on the tailgate area but I have spent weeks in the boot trying things. As mentioned it’s only when I use the accelerator and the car hits exactly 1500 RPM.

What do you guys think? Any advice would be massively appreciated as I’m getting quite distressed trying to locate the issue.

If the video below isn’t working, here is a link for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFMGzuXw2Q1904dQY1BoeSBaibFHppcx/view?usp=drivesdk

Gadzy

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    18.7 MB
Last edited:
Try a quick test, open tailgate and place a folded towel on either side of the opening area and let them hang out, then close and listen to see if the sound goes away

Try a quick test, open tailgate and place a folded towel on either side of the opening area and let them hang out, then close and listen to see if the sound goes away
I’ll give it a go, I’ve just had it at the garage as I was told by people sitting in the back of the car and even the boot that it was coming from the exhaust area and the garage has said they look at the exhaust and couldn’t find anything. It’s a lost cause I think. I just don’t know what it could be. I’ll try the towels and see. Unless I try a different garage. Could you hear it in the video BWJ?

I think i could hear something but it is hard to know if it is the sound you hear.
Could it be the air vent i boot, ?

I think i could hear something but it is hard to know if it is the sound you hear.
Could it be the air vent i boot,
You can hear it on video at 5/6 seconds and around 27 seconds especially…that’s the noise, exactly at 1500 rpm from the rear. I still don’t know if it’s exhaust cause if it’s was breaking down it would be happening more often and when idle too…

Back