Mazda2 B-Spec RACE CAR! Showroom stock racing class "B-Spec" Class

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello friends!

Just ran across a link that I didn't see posted, and thought to share from the mazdamedia website. It made me smile, I can't wait to see these things racing!(boom06)

Mazda and Honda unveil B-Spec Racers
B-Spec%20Announcement.preview.jpg

http://www.mazdausamedia.com/content/mazda-honda-unveil-b-spec-racers

I would love to get a full list of parts and modifications installed on this beast. What wheels are those? They look like FD RX7 wheels with a 4x100 lug pattern.

The wheels are 5-Zigen FN01R-C in a 15x7 +25mm offset and weigh 13lbs each. They are a spec miata wheel. I am getting a set for my 2.

0000-04-58011.jpg

-Derrick

The wheels are 5-Zigen FN01R-C in a 15x7 +25mm offset and weigh 13lbs each. They are a spec miata wheel. I am getting a set for my 2.
Where can you find the wheel with that offset? Lowest I've seen is +33 and the 5ZIGEN site does not acknowledge the existence of a wheel at that size and offset.

I ran some numbers and it seems like +42mm is much closer to stock dimensions, what's the advantage to such a low offset? Are you still running the 25mm spacers with these wheels? Also, what tire size are you using? I was looking at moving to 205/50R15 on 15x7.

I will be taking the spacers off the car with the installation of the new wheels and still keep the wheels closer to the outside of the car for a better look and wider stance. I am not going the hellaflush by any means but I want to get the most out of the setup.

-Derrick

Last edited:
I ran some numbers and it seems like +42mm is much closer to stock dimensions, what's the advantage to such a low offset? Are you still running the 25mm spacers with these wheels? Also, what tire size are you using? I was looking at moving to 205/50R15 on 15x7.

Remember that offset numbers are somewhat counter-intuitive (at least to me, YMMV). A lower number means that the wheel is "offset" more to the outside of the car, thus resulting in a wider track. Wider track = good things for handling because it effectively lowers the center of gravity.

As for the low offset rims, 25mm rims are common in the Spec Miata world (I race one) and when we bought the 2 the first thing I checked was to see if the bolt pattern/offset was compatible with the 16 rims and tires I have laying about the shop for the race car. As soon as the B-Spec stuff becomes available (with all due respect to Corksport), Tim Buck and his buddies at Mazdaspeed are getting yet another call to send yet another series of boxes to Pandora's Garage.....

I checked was to see if the bolt pattern/offset was compatible with the 16 rims and tires I have laying about the shop for the race car
so..+25mm offset will install without any fender clearance issues on the Mazda2...correct?

I am not sure if they modded the fender on the B-Spec car or not. I will get more info up once I get the wheels installed along with some pictures.

-Derrick

I think its possible to drive with an +25mm offset. The OEM-Rims had an offset ob +50mm. I have installed +50mm wheelspacer on the rear axle. 25mm per side. So i have an offset of +25mm (rear axle).

I run 15x7 et35 wheels with absolutely no problem and it seems to be ok for +25 offset but not less.Waiting for the photos!

I think its possible to drive with an +25mm offset. The OEM-Rims had an offset ob +50mm. I have installed +50mm wheelspacer on the rear axle. 25mm per side. So i have an offset of +25mm (rear axle).

That is my thinking as well. I have the H&R +25mm spacers installed on my stock wheels currently.

Back