Mazda wins SWC TC Manufacturer's Championship!

Raynman

:
2004 Mazda 6S 5-door
I'm quite surprised that no one has posted this.

Warning! Though Mazda clinching the Manufacturer's Championship at Road Atlanta is no big surprise, the following article contains spoilers from the race which has yet to be aired:
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=770

...Mazda wrapped up the SCCA SPEED Touring Car Manufacturers Championship presented by RACER Magazine. Going into the season finale at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Mazda now has 64 points and a 23-point gap to Acura and Audi who are tied at 42 points. BMW sits fourth with 31 points. The most Acura, Audi or BMW could possibly accumulate in the final round is 11 points.

Todays race airs at 2 p.m. (EDT) Saturday, Oct. 13 on SPEED. The SCCA SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship heads to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the Final Round Oct. 19-21.

Way to go, Tri-Point and Tindol! Special thanks to Jeff, Randy, Roberto, Charles, Michael, and Charlie, Craig Nagler, Chris Tindol, and the crew members for making this season a success for Mazda and for Mazda fans everywhere. I'm very proud to have been to a good number of the races to cheer these guys on.

And, you ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you guys see what Mazda has in store for the next season.

I'm quite surprised that no one has posted this.

Warning! Though Mazda clinching the Manufacturer's Championship at Road Atlanta is no big surprise, the following article contains spoilers from the race which has yet to be aired:
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=770

Quote:
...Mazda wrapped up the SCCA SPEED Touring Car Manufacturers Championship presented by RACER Magazine. Going into the season finale at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Mazda now has 64 points and a 23-point gap to Acura and Audi who are tied at 42 points. BMW sits fourth with 31 points. The most Acura, Audi or BMW could possibly accumulate in the final round is 11 points.

Todays race airs at 2 p.m. (EDT) Saturday, Oct. 13 on SPEED. The SCCA SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship heads to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the Final Round Oct. 19-21.

Way to go, Tri-Point and Tindol! Special thanks to Jeff, Randy, Roberto, Charles, Michael, and Charlie, Craig Nagler, Chris Tindol, and the crew members for making this season a success for Mazda and for Mazda fans everywhere. I'm very proud to have been to a good number of the races to cheer these guys on.

And, you ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you guys see what Mazda has in store for the next season.

Ultimate Driving Machine my rear-end!

Mazda FTW!

Having the Mazdas247.com decal gave the Tri-Point Team a 10hp edge on the rest...lol...Seriously though, It's a well deserved win for Mazda and the Teams they support...Every win further proves that Mazda is a force to be reckon with on any track! (first)

Having the Mazdas247.com decal gave the Tri-Point Team a 10hp edge on the rest...lol...Seriously though, It's a well deserved win for Mazda and the Teams they support...Every win further proves that Mazda is a force to be reckon with on any track! (first)

I was thinking more like 15-20whp. Obviously, they need a bigger decal. Actually, that would just make it unfair for all the other car companies sucking on their exhaust fumes already!

Go Mazda Go!

Without a doubt, we witnessed history at Road Atlanta this past weekend! We've attended all of the SWC events, except Utah and it was nice to see a number of Mazda owners come out to the corrals and support the teams.

The only thing left is to see which driver will win the Driver's Championship, it is between Jeff Altenburg or Randy Pobst of Tri-Point. It will all be settled, @ Laguna Seca, which will be attending, along with the banquet.

The Mazda 6 has done well in its first 2 full seasons of racing, finishing 2nd last year in the Manufacturers Championship and Pobst was 2nd in the drivers standing.

We are looking to put a meet together @ Tindol Motorsports in Charlotte, NC after the season ending event. I will keep you guys informed as to the progress of the meet.

Again, thanks to Craig Nagler, Chris Tindol, Jeff Altenburg, Randy Pobst, Roberto Santos, Charles Espenlaub, Michael Galati and Charlie Putman. Also to the crews of both teams, you guys were great and we appreciated all the time that all of you gave to our members.

Congrats on a great season, wait until next year!

It will all be settled, @ Laguna Seca, which we will be attending, along with the banquet.

That's awesome that they invited you and Lauri to the banquet. You guys definitely deserve it after all the support you guys gave to the teams and the series. (cool)

that was an awesome race. to watch Galati pull ahead at the restart was great and he held it the rest of the race. good stuff and congrats Tindol!

Back