Mazda want more CX-5 sales in the USA?. Make it a bit wider and longer

That*s just tricking it to think it*s not in park. Then I have to push start twice to turn it off again. I don*t really think that*s intended as a feature.

Of course not. It's called a work around.

The problem is for a lot of features their interface ends up being more cumbersome. However where they have the screen located doesnt work well for touch. Its not a deal breaker for me one way or the other but I think I find the touch based setup in my GTI easier most of the time. Interestingly Audi is doing the opposite.

That's a cool feature, Onstar and SOS, I want no part of in my car, though....

Yeh, well the latest Big Brother push is to start charging a per-mile-driven tax to make up for the shortfall in road repair taxes. The excuse is that electric cars do not buy gas. But the push is to install tracking technology on all cars so as to levy the fee...at least, that's the nose-in-the-tent rationale.

They tried to pass this already in Virginia and got pushback...but they won't give up. I believe it's been implemented in at least one state already.

(This all assumes that I understand your "Don't want it" reasons correctly.)

Only on trucks in Illinois. And a lot of countries in Europe already do that.

Only on trucks in Illinois. And a lot of countries in Europe already do that.

I know that Washington state and Oregon actually launched pilot programs a couple of years ago to do this, but don't know what came of them. Utah has passed a law that begins signing up electric/hybrid vehicle drivers in January, with heavy talk on rapidly doing it to gas vehicle drivers.

Yeh, well the latest Big Brother push is to start charging a per-mile-driven tax to make up for the shortfall in road repair taxes. The excuse is that electric cars do not buy gas. But the push is to install tracking technology on all cars so as to levy the fee...at least, that's the nose-in-the-tent rationale.

They tried to pass this already in Virginia and got pushback...but they won't give up. I believe it's been implemented in at least one state already.

(This all assumes that I understand your "Don't want it" reasons correctly.)
Yikes. Government can **** right off with that bulls***. They want money for roads? Quit repurposing said money they already have. Looking at you Colorado.

Yikes. Government can **** right off with that bulls***. They want money for roads? Quit repurposing said money they already have. Looking at you Colorado.

They implemented a gas tax here last year that wasn't needed. Said it was for roads, but the truth is we had plenty of money for roads, the people in charge have been embezzling money for years and years, and we still had money for roads. They did absolutely nothing to those crooks but give them more money to make disappear on everything but roads...

They implemented a gas tax here last year that wasn't needed. Said it was for roads, but the truth is we had plenty of money for roads, the people in charge have been embezzling money for years and years, and we still had money for roads. They did absolutely nothing to those crooks but give them more money to make disappear on everything but roads...

That sounds like here. Nobody ever stops and asks "wait, what about the money we already gave you, how have you been using it?"

Oh that's right....bike lanes.....

Ohio just raised our gas tax 10 cents. Like yesterday. We were one of the lowest in the midwest and haven't raised it in 15 years.

Which depending on the area leads to less traffic, less wear and tare on the roads, less pollution, etc.
I'm saying money that should go to much needed repair to infrastructure has been going to s*** like that. It's not preventing anything when the roads are already shitacular.

Latest posts

Back