Mazda Protege Owner Photos

218216_10150165968411511_676121510_7050238_5716654_o by nareshseep, on Flickr

This is the engine which Broffybakes os talking about, 1.5 with variable valve timing (vvt). If you are going zlve make sure and get the zlve gearbox also, the final drive ratio is 4.4 which gives decent acceleraton. I must say the car looks impressive. I was considering turboing the zlve also, the zlve bore to stroke ratio suppose to make it more resistance to knock than a zmde.

yes this is the engine that i have in at present, i cant say i know much about engine and so one i am now getting the know the types so all help is welcome and thanks again i was thinking for also going for the mazda mp3 engine but i dont now any ideas on it ?

yes this is the engine that i have in at present, i cant say i know much about engine and so one i am now getting the know the types so all help is welcome and thanks again i was thinking for also going for the mazda mp3 engine but i dont now any ideas on it ?

Do a KL swap its a V6

photobucket-15751-1340564837913.jpg

Oh herro there. That's my motor in my garage going into my P5. They bolt right up using factory mounts. There are a couple Protege's with KL's (search Mazda KLZE or KLDE) or check my 2002 P5 build link in my sig. Or PM me with any questions. :)

Cleverfrog, you could've at least posted the prettier pic. haha
IMG_8900.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Justin is the OG of KL protege swaps here on 247. (bow)

I agree his car is one of the best BJ's on the road its subtle but stands out.

I also thought about doing this KL swap but i had to weigh my options either a free 1.6L or $$$ to do the swap so I stuck with the free 1.6. Would I rather have the KL YES!!!

anyone with a KL other than Justin taken their car to the track? Im curious to see what others ran in the 1/4 mi

Last edited:
Oh herro there. That's my motor in my garage going into my P5. They bolt right up using factory mounts. There are a couple Protege's with KL's (search Mazda KLZE or KLDE) or check my 2002 P5 build link in my sig. Or PM me with any questions. :)

Cleverfrog, you could've at least posted the prettier pic. haha
IMG_8900.jpg

this is awesome i will pm you soon

yeah youd need the ecu and everything since they are different but check out that link i posted or look at lewis's thread they are both quality KL swaps with enough info between the both of them to get you where you need to get.

yeah youd need the ecu and everything since they are different but check out that link i posted or look at lewis's thread they are both quality KL swaps with enough info between the both of them to get you where you need to get.

thanks man i got to pm the guy this look like a lot of fun and time and the hands on does be great look costly doh lol

Back