Mazda Offering an Intake/Exhaust Upgrade?

everyone been saying thats noway that package price is correct....but what do i know...we'll see

clos561 said:
it proly wil be better since the parts are mazda...it SHOULDNt mess the car up and i gues they cant prove the part messed it up..its their part..if it was a atermarket they would say o its because that is not MAzda part...just a guess but ud proly have better chance geting dealer fixes with mazda parts

Hmmm thats pretty strange, my dealer told me the CAi is just over $ 250. Then he said they could install both the CAI and the exhaust for $1200.
canada

There is no way in hell I would pay that much. If anything you put aftermarket parts on you keep the oem parts. It's not hard to change an exhaust or intake. Therefore you jack up your car, you switch back to the stock parts before you take it in and volla, no problems with a voided warranty. Really guys, it's people paying that much for there parts thats going to keep them producing them and selling them for such rediculous prices.

WTF MATE said:
There is no way in hell I would pay that much. If anything you put aftermarket parts on you keep the oem parts. It's not hard to change an exhaust or intake. Therefore you jack up your car, you switch back to the stock parts before you take it in and volla, no problems with a voided warranty. Really guys, it's people paying that much for there parts thats going to keep them producing them and selling them for such rediculous prices.
for now its all bulshit and no1 knows which is right or not. we will se how much they are soon and then everyone wil decide what they want to buy or not buy.

SP33D3 said:
Hmmm thats pretty strange, my dealer told me the CAi is just over $ 250. Then he said they could install both the CAI and the exhaust for $1200.
canada

You need to double/triple check that the part nos. are for the MS3 and not the 3. Several people have been given the prices for the 3, creating endless confusion.

desperado-c said:
You need to double/triple check that the part nos. are for the MS3 and not the 3. Several people have been given the prices for the 3, creating endless confusion.
o yea i know that...i wont buy or consider buying ne mazda parts until its on the website under "mazdaspeed3"

clos561 said:
o yea i know that...i wont buy or consider buying ne mazda parts until its on the website under "mazdaspeed3"

Looks like you'll get your wish. Mattlegee has set up a group buy on another forum. Should be on the website in a few weeks, I imagine. As I predicted, the CAI will be covered under the Green warranty, ie., a warranty on just the part itself.

^^^^^^^
yp and its like 310 shipped on it

aparrently the msrp was wrong and the intakes are going ot sell aroudn 399
exaust will be 3 inch ss pipe and like 780 sell price!

lemme get this right....the warranty on the car is still valid if we buy the MS3 intake...right? Even if we install it?

SwampAss said:
lemme get this right....the warranty on the car is still valid if we buy the MS3 intake...right? Even if we install it?

Well, Green means it's an approved part for street use no matter who installs it, unless it is installed incorrectly. If it was Orange like the MS6 CAI was for awhile, there would be no warranty and any resulting damage would definitely not be covered. With Green, you don't get the Replacement Parts and Accessories warranty like you would if it were coded Blue. Just a replacement of the part if it fails within 12mo/12k-miles. So, I don't really see where the warranty will necessarily cover damage caused by the part. At the same time, it would be hard for them to argue that their own part caused damage which is not covered. If they did, I suppose that you could theoretically sue them for the damage separate and apart from your warranty. They might as well just cover it under the warranty but it's definitely not spelled out.

They only way to guarantee that a Green-coded part is covered under your general warranty is to have it installed by the dealer before you take delivery.

EDIT: Hold the phone, I am relying on the website for my info and some guy on Mazda 6 club claims that a new policy is spelled out in the new Mazdaspeed catalog which allows Green-coded parts to be covered under the general warranty if installed by a certified tech. Anybody got the new catalog?

Last edited:
I would just wait for the aftermarket to develop. When the MSP fisrt came out there was nothing! Afterwards companies like Spool, Corksport. injen, aem, Hi-Boost came out with aftermarket parts that made some decent numbers. They all developed great products. The only problem with these products was that they would void your warranty. In my opinion if your going to mod your car I would wait it out and see what develops and then nmake your decision on what to buy. Their were plenty of parts for the MSP when I had it and I chose to go differnt routes when cost became a factor. Corksport is one company that makes a damn good product and I am sure that they will develop products for the MS3. THis is only my opinion but in reality if Mazda is charging those kind of prices for an exhaust and intake then I would definitely wait.

Back