Mazda Mobile Start smartphone app

Howdy RL,

You're Welcome, glad I could help.

That's wild that Florida has a Law like that with all the Sun and Heat down there.

I'm going to go by the Specialty Tint Place I've found and ask them about it. If nothing
else maybe the Clearer Tint, which I'm going to put on the Back Windows for a little extra help with
the Heat but not darkening down too much. Here's the description:

LLumar AIR automotive window film appeals to people who do not want the darker window appearance
or where the use of dark window tint is prohibited by state laws.
Even though it is clear and almost invisible, LLumar AIR window film still blocks more than 99% of harmful ultraviolet rays,
which are the leading known cause of skin cancer and premature skin aging,
and also causes fading and cracking of automotive interiors.

Might be something to think about, if it doesn't show, I doubt they'd hassle you
about it.

Thank you, Craig! Yup, very unobtrusive.....

Indeed that might be problematic for any tint band. I also wonder if metallic tint might cause some interference, even if it isn't installed actually overlapping the antennas.

Not going to be an issue for me if I pursue MMS, as current FL law is no tint below the AS-1 line, and at least the 2016 CX-5 factory glass doesn't have an AS-1 marking--so to be fully legal, that means no tint at all on the windshield. (five-0) There is no provision for windshields without such lines, as other states have (5 or 6" max from the top is a typical provision)

Howdy Littlebear,

Yes, 2 antennas, the Left One is the GPS, and the one on the Right is the TEL Ant.
I'm going to venture a guess that it's just for MMS.

So it's 2 antennas, one on the right and then the one on the left?

I wonder if you use the Bluetooth function while driving does your cellphone use it's internal antenna or the Mazda installed windshield antennas?

The window antennas would be better since they sit high up and grab a better cell signal.

The more I think about it, the MMS is probably the "safer" way to go with remote starts. It is still a new APP so that means it will be improved on and downloading a new APP is easy to do.

I am just not comfortable with aftermarket remote starts since there is a lot of hacking/splicing wires involved. At least 10 - 15 splices into the factory ECM harness. With the MMS it's a Mazda engineered system and has the factory warranty.

So at "port" means that when the Mazda comes off the ship at LA and is put into a shop where Mazda techs install the product?

So it's not like "port" install means some 18 year kid is installing it on your CX5??
You are correct. Port installed is just like it sounds. Mazda has a facility at the port of Los Angeles were all of their new cars come into and get checked over and inspected after their cruise. It's at this facitity that any option that was ordered on the car, either from the dealer or the customer via dealer get installed. Mostly things like hitches, roof racks and cross bars, remote starters, that sort of thing. They do pretty much any accessory or add on to the car. Most dealers can do those installs as well

Anyone with the MMS, I wonder what would happen if you sat inside the vehicle (Drivers seat) and then activated the APP to start the vehicle. Once running, press the brake and shift into Drive. Would the car turn off?

We know if you activate the APP and open the car door, it turns off, BUT if you are already in the car, will it keep running?

I'm going to go by the Specialty Tint Place I've found and ask them about it. If nothing
else maybe the Clearer Tint, which I'm going to put on the Back Windows for a little extra help with
the Heat but not darkening down too much. Here's the description:

Thank you again! That will actually address one related concern of mine, which is the effects of sun on the dash (although for when parked outside I am getting a Covercraft windshield screen delivered hopefully soon).

I try to err on the side of caution (that is, the law), as I know how unpredictable the police are in Florida, and some (of course not all) will definitely look for a reason to pull someone over randomly. I once witnessed a cop pull over a kid with a broken taillight while another vehicle made an illegal u-turn in front of him and almost hit a school bus, and THAT he ignored! Even with all the horn blaring and screeching brakes....and I have developed as an adult a bad habit of mouthing off when I feel like someone isn't playing fair, so best for me to just avoid interactions with our finest completely. :)

Howdy RL,

You're Welcome !!!

Had to Laugh about as an Adult, it seems the older I get the
more I have to be careful as thing just seem to come out faster
than my Brain can stop it !!! Like you said, it can cause some problems !!!

Thank you again! That will actually address one related concern of mine, which is the effects of sun on the dash (although for when parked outside I am getting a Covercraft windshield screen delivered hopefully soon).

I try to err on the side of caution (that is, the law), as I know how unpredictable the police are in Florida, and some (of course not all) will definitely look for a reason to pull someone over randomly. I once witnessed a cop pull over a kid with a broken taillight while another vehicle made an illegal u-turn in front of him and almost hit a school bus, and THAT he ignored! Even with all the horn blaring and screeching brakes....and I have developed as an adult a bad habit of mouthing off when I feel like someone isn't playing fair, so best for me to just avoid interactions with our finest completely. :)

Back