Anyone have an aftermarket remote in addition to the my Mazda remote start app?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
While the mymazda app can remote start the car, we all know by now that when you open the door it shuts off. On my last Mazda without the my Mazda app you could start the car, get in, and drive away without the car turning off.

Does anybody know if I install an aftermarket remote whether it will still act the same, that is keep running when I open the door, or will it somehow confuse the Mazda app and still shut the car off when I open the door?

Keep in mind, this question is specific to those who can also start their car with the remote my Mazda app

Last edited:
there is a youtube vvideo that I saw describing this issue , try to look there
The issue of the car turning off when opening the door (which I know) or an issue if this still happens with an aftermarket remote used if the car already haz the MyMazda app?

My last aftermarket remote would allow the car to keep running (no MyMazda app), but I want to know if that will still be the same with the new car with MyMazda app before I have it installed

Last edited:
My install appt is for upcoming Tuesday, so I'm bumping this in hope I can get some 1st hand knowledge before then. Again, 2021 MyMazda app with after-market remote - does the car still turn off when you open the door?

Back