Mazda key

mx-p5

Team Fail Motorsports
Contributor
:
03.5 Protege5
ALright, hello to all. I'm a long time lurker, new owner. Just picked up my P5 lastnight for the wife. Got an white 03. We picked it up at the dealer, but, only came with one key and remote. I've googled around, and, either my search skills suck, or, I can't find anyone selling a Mazda logo key. I found the keyless remote to unlock and lock the car on Ebay, but, no blanks with the Mazda logo. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance to all

Tylor

cbrjeeper said:
ALright, hello to all. I'm a long time lurker, new owner. Just picked up my P5 lastnight for the wife. Got an white 03. We picked it up at the dealer, but, only came with one key and remote. I've googled around, and, either my search skills suck, or, I can't find anyone selling a Mazda logo key. I found the keyless remote to unlock and lock the car on Ebay, but, no blanks with the Mazda logo. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance to all

Tylor
Try the dealer?

cbrjeeper said:

Tylor

j/w... why??

its just a key lol

but gl to finding it

i found mine on ebay (pic attached) you can still find some of these if you search ebay.
i wish it still looked that good
it got ran over like 12 times lol. long story. key didnt bend tho, so its good material.
and it matches my car! lol

Attachments

• redmazdapf55key.jpg
    redmazdapf55key.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 194
for the J/W, I just wanted to have an actual Mazda key. If the dealer's the only place I can get it, i'm not that worried about it. I don't even know what that'll cost. I was just curious. Thanks for all the replies though.

Tylor

I bought a couple blank keys from the dealer for like 10 bucks. You just gotta take them to a locksmith and get them cut. Thats like another 2 bucks. I got some huge ugly crappy copy when I bought it, but I feel much better now that i have a real mazda key :D ha ha

i only had one real mazda key and remote when i bought it 2
i dont like the other big round key its ugly
ill have a look at the mazda dealer for another mazda key

You also might look at the keys for the 2001-2003 Mazda mpv. They have the switchblade style, where the key folds into the remote. pretty badass..

Demoniam said:
You also might look at the keys for the 2001-2003 Mazda mpv. They have the switchblade style, where the key folds into the remote. pretty badass..
Would the remote work on the P5?

Switchblade key

Demoniam said:
My friend just bought a new 3, and she really wanted the switchblade key that comes w/ the 6, but the dealer said the remote wouldn't work. is there any way to get around this?

TardyTurtle11 said:
My friend just bought a new 3, and she really wanted the switchblade key that comes w/ the 6, but the dealer said the remote wouldn't work. is there any way to get around this?

2006 had an accesory switchblade keyset you could buy... not sure if there is one for the 07 models... Im sure ones bound to work. ask baggie @ onlinemazdaparts.com he might know (theres a forum listed under sponsors just for the website).

Demoniam said:

so r u saying I could go to my dealer and say "I'd like to buy a switchbade key/remote for my 2003 P5" ---without him laughing in my face?( not that I would actually buy it from a dealership, I don't have a money tree in my backyard - anyone know where I can get one?..lol)

the switch bade key is liek 200 dollars it sux anyone know where i can get one cheaper

Latest posts

Back